twentytwo

In total, eight people are going on the camping trip. And Marley is slightly terrified.

She stands to the side, not knowing what to do with herself as the others load everything into the van.

"I'm so glad you're coming with us, Marley." Vivian says as she tries to shove in one of the tents.

Yeah right. She just wanted her brother to go. Don't be stupid.

And Marley is slightly terrified. Because maybe this was a mistake. She shouldn't have said she would come. Harry messes with her head and he convinced her it would be fun.

It won't be. Trust me. Maria's goal is most likely tears. Hot wet tears. Streaming down freckled cheeks.

Harry can see that something is bothering her. From her hazed eyes to the way she bites at her fingernails subconsciously.

And he is slightly terrified. Because he can practically see a war going on in her head. No one else notices. But he does and he hopes with all his heart and mind and soul the half that keeps coming back to him is winning.

As selfish as it may or may not be. He hopes.

"Hey. You okay?" Harry asks. Stopping in front of her with a random duffel and marshmallow sticks in one hand.

"Yeah." She says. Then adds, "I'm not good with people."

And he is slightly terrified. Because somehow he knows that isn't the whole truth.

"Just grab a bag and start loading. Not a lot of socialization required." He assures.

Rude.

"Not really." Marley didn't mean to say it out loud.

"I'll do the talking if you want." Harry says. Placing a hand in the middle of her back. "They won't bite."

"Okay."

But I will.

He walks away, taking the objects to the trunk.

Marley sighs, heading toward one of the other cars and grabbing a random bag to take to the van. She pulls it off the truck bed and it nearly knocks her over in the process.

"Woah, I'll take that one." Says one of the other boys going. "It's Carrie's and she doesn't know what 'packing light' means."

His smile is genuine. And Marley probably would have liked him if she didn't have a half-crazed mind and a voice of malice constantly in her ear.

Nice smiles are never real. They all want something. They're all dangerous to our plan.

"You can grab mine, right there." He adds with a head tilt toward a navy blue duffel. "It's light."

"Okay, thank you." Marley says. Tries to be nice but it sounds awkward off her tongue.

Who even says the formal 'thank you' anymore?

"I'm Niall, by the way."

No socialization required, huh?

"Marley." She nods, taking his duffel into her hand.

"Oh, I know. Harry never shuts up about you." Niall smiles. "At least that's what Vivian says."

"What do I say?" She grabs the duffel in Niall's hand, swinging it over her shoulder easily before taking the one Marley was holding.

"Just how much Harry talks about--"

"About what?" He says, taking the blue duffel from his sister's hand.