𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

MARCELO'S POV:

each year, i dread this day; the day of the annual gala that my parents willingly host every year. the gala has been hosted by family for about 100 years now, it started with my father's grandparents which now has been passed onto him. every single year since i was 15, it is obligatory for the first son to say a speech and each year it's the same thing - i talk about charity, the celebrities at the event, and my family's legacy.

"bro, are you good?" my annoying little brother, alejandro asks me, grabbing my attention. "you were zoning out?"

"i'm good bro, just tired," i reply.

"maybe go outside and take a breather," my brother suggests, "remember, your speech is in 20 mins!"

"alright, i'll be back," i say to him, getting up from my chair.

"onde você está indo?" my mother asks, clearly concerned for me. "are you okay, meu filho?"

"i'm okay, mãe," i respond, kissing her on the cheek. "i just need a break before i do my speech,"

"okay, come back quickly," she says, rubbing her swollen belly.

i leave the hall with haste and walk towards the entrance so i could go outside but then i bump into someone. i look down and see the most beautiful woman i had ever seen in my life. she had an amazing, voluminous afro, her curves outlined her green dress, her plump lips glistened with lip gloss and she smelt amazing - like coco butter and vanilla. she was breathtaking.

"are you going to keep staring at me or?..." i asked with amusement, bringing her out of her trance.

"you just barged into me, you bastard," she says, trying to intimidate me.

"from my point of view, you bumped into me, meu amor," i respond, tilting my head towards her.

"whatever, move out of my way," she responds, trying to move past me.

i put my hands around my waist to keep her in place.

"what the fuck are you doing?" she exclaims, confused to why i'm even touching her. "let me go, before i piss myself!"

"what's your name, meu amor?" i ask, actively ignoring her struggles.

she stops mid struggle and stares at me, not answering my question.

"answer me!" i say, giving her a cold glare.

"ifedayo," she whispers while trying shy away from my glare.

"can you say that again, i didn't quite hear you?" i smirked, tightening my grip around my waist.

"it's ifedayo," she responds.

"wow, um lindo nome para uma linda mulher," i smiled, showing off my pearly whites. "my name is marcelo,"

"that's nice... but can you let go of me now?" she asks, signalling to me to let go of her waist. as she had asked politely, i let her go.

as soon as i let go of her, she quickly went past me, heading towards i think was the toilet. i look down to check my clock, to see 10 minutes had already gone by so there was no point of me going outside anymore; therefore, i went back towards the hall and mentally prepared for my speech.

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
icl i feel like this chapter is shit but oh well 🤷🏾‍♀️.
i hope you enjoy this chapter and please vote on it.