𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

OMNISCIENT POV:

as the big 3 (including femi) walked towards the table, ifedayo noticed how diverse the table looked and the kids from chosen families. she looked at the head of the table and sees the man that bumped into her, marcelo kowalski, she then noticed that the close friends of marcelo sit the closest to him while the others are randomly place around the huge, long table.

'hey baby,' rhiannon's boyfriend says, getting up from his seat and gives her a huge hug. 'who's this?'

'babe, this is ifedayo and ifedayo, this is my boyfriend, zidane,' she introduces them to each other.

'nice to meet you, ifedayo,' zidane says, shaking ifedayo's hand.

'likewise,' she says, reciprocating the handshake.

'ifedayo, we don't really have time to introduce you to our whole friendship group so let us give you a quick recap,' vanessa says without hesitation. 'so as you already know, marcelo is 'the head of the table' as he is the son of the most powerful family in the country but he's also our best friend, then it is zidane who is second in command and is also rhiannon's boyfriend, rhiannon please take over,'

rhiannon continues from where vanessa stops, 'okay, there's alejandro who is marcelo's younger brother and he's the youngest out of all of us and he's quite the trouble maker, after there is layla and malia and they are cousins, also alejandro has a massive crush on malia and finally, there's kareeema, she's on the quiet side but she is extremely nice,'

as if on cue, marcelo calls us over to take our seats. vanessa, rhiannon and zidane had their names on their seats so they respectfully sat down; however, there was one empty seat and a kids seat next to marcelo. marcelo takes notice of ifedayo's confusion and calls her and her brother over to sit next to him.

'why are you making me sit next to you?' ifedayo asks while confusion lingered on her tongue.

'i wanna get to know you,' marcelo replies, helping her put her brother on the kids seat.

he comes closer to her and whispers in her ear, 'you intrigue me,'

ifedayo was left speechless, she didn't understand why he wanted to get to know her.
'out of all the girls here, he chose me?' she thought.

the food arrives and brings her out of her thoughts,
she notices that the food are from different cultures, there was: jollof rice, chicken biryani, falafel, vatapá and many more but guess what... it was self serve so she could try all the food at once. as she was about to pour jollof rice onto her plate, a lightskinted hand stops her, grabs the spoon and pours her food onto the plate for her. the whole table gasps.

'you know i can serve my own food, right?' ifedayo says to marcelo.

'i know you can but i want to,' he responds, also serving food for femi (ifedayo's younger brother if y'all forgot).

after the whole commotion, everyone begins to eat their food, well everyone but marcelo, he was too focused on feeding femi rather than eating his own food, this took ifedayo by surprise but she found it kinda cute for some reason, her brother hated strangers but seemed smitten with marcelo so it was very weird.

as she was about to put the spoon full of jollof rice in her mouth, she was stopped but a gentle voice.

'no wonder why marcelo picked you, you're really pretty,' the girl with the gentle voice says.

ifedayo turns to her left and asks, 'what do you mean by 'picked' me?'

'when a man from the kowalski family either serves or cooks food for a girl, it means that he has chosen her to be his bride,' the girl replies.

ifedayo chokes on the remaining jollof rice in her throat, 'bride?!'.

'oh, i am assuming this is all a surprise to you,' the girl assumes. 'oh my days, i forgot to introduce myself, i am kareema qadir,'

ifedayo nods, 'i am ifedayo ademoye and you're really pretty too!'

ifedayo admires the girl next to her, kareema wore a pastel pink hijab and a glittery pink abaya to match. 'she looks amazing,' ifedayo thought.

'well thank you!' kareema replies.

ifedayo tilts her head in confusion.

'you said i looked amazing,' kareema says, showing off her smile.

ifedayo didn't realise she spoke that thought out loud, she was quite embarrassed but it was short lived as she got a text on her phone that read:

msuganda: we are about to leave in five minutes so hurry up and end your conversation with kareema (tell her i said hi tho).

'if you excuse me, i need to leave now also rhiannon said hello by the way,' ifedayo bids her farewell and grabs her brother by the hand and walks towards the exit. marcelo takes notice of her abrupt departure and follows right behind her.

'hey guys, sorry i took too long,' ifedayo says to her friends apologetically.

'it's fine, we knew you were enjoying yourself as you sat next to marcelo,' rhiannon says, squiggling her eyebrows.

'about that... marcelo seems a bit weir-,' ifedayo says before being interrupted.

'who's weird?' marcelo asks, wrapping his hand around ifedayo's waist.

'no one!' the girls say in unison.

'ife called you weird,' femi says, tugging at marcelo's leg.

'did she, now?' he asks femi, causing him to nod his head.

the girls face palmed in unison as femi baited them out but then began to laugh as they realised how funny the situation was.

'i hope you guys enjoyed the event,' marcelo says.

'we did,' vanessa and rhiannon reply.

ifedayo rolls her eyes, 'it was good,'

'i hope you guys are able to come to the after party tomorrow, it will be hosted at my family's mansion,' marcelo announces, gripping onto ifedayo's waist tighter. 'it would be a shame if you guys can't come,'

'of course, we are gonna come,' vanessa replies, lifting femi up so she could carry him to the car.

'if you ladies don't mind, i would love to speak to your friend alone,' marcelo says, letting go of ifedayo's waist.

'of course you can,' rhiannon says excitedly.

vanessa and rhiannon say goodbye to marcelo and walk towards to the uber, leaving marcelo alone with ifedayo.

'mi cielito, i hope you are able to come tomorrow,' he says, exposing his deep, sultry latin accent.

ifedayo heard the power in his voice, she knew better than to go against his proposal, 'i can come, what time do you want me to be there?'

'latest by 8pm,' he responds, licking his lips.

marcelo looked down at ifedayo and solely focused on her plump, two toned lips, he continuously fought against his temptations as he had the urge to kiss them so to calm himself down, he kissed her forehead and walked back towards the venue.

ifedayo stood there confused but then hears a shout in the distance.

'if you don't get in this car now, uber will charge us even more!' rhiannon exclaims, grabbing ifedayo's attention.

ifedayo quickly regains her composure and walks towards the uber with haste.

author's notes:
this chapter is long af. ik this story is kinda fast paced but it's because i want it to be max 30 chapters but anyways i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and please give it a vote !!!