Chapter III

Lewis

      Blood splatters all over my hand as my fist slams into this guy's jaw (I don't remember his name). He grips my shoulders and bashes his head into mine and I fall backwards as his fist collides with my cheek before barging him to the floor and using both of my fists to make sure he won't get up. I feel hands grabbing onto my back and pulling me off of him.

      'Lewis Bailey, what on earth are you doing?' Mr Sinclair asks me as I take my blood stained shirt off. Immediately, I regret it. The wind hits me and I begin to get goosebumps.

'I'm on a date sir, what does it look like?' I joke, trying to hold in my laughter as the boy (Chris, I think it was) gets up from the grass and runs away like a deer.

'You've been a student at this school for just over a month, and you're already picking fights. On a Sunday afternoon as well - shame on you,' Sir barks. I spit the blood from my mouth onto the grass, narrowly missing Mr Sinclair's foot.

'You're lucky your father is a good friend of mine, Bailey.. Evening detention with me tomorrow. Any more fighting and it will be a lot worse than that, understood?'

I nod my head and salute him before walking away.

      I watch Marie, who's sitting on the grass with her pathetic excuse for a boyfriend. Her hair is tied up in a high ponytail which shows off her sharp cheekbones and she's wearing a top I'm sure she found in the kids section with blue denim jeans. She looks annoyingly happy with him. What she doesn't realise is he only sees her as a piece of meat. Not only that, he doesn't even give her the respect of being loyal to her. In the mere five weeks I've been at this school, I can name at least three girls I've seen shoving their tongues down Hugo's throat. And Marie calls me a pig.

      'Oh my goodness, Lewis, what happened to you?' Annabel runs up to me and kisses my blood stained cheek, cupping my face in her hands.

'You should see the other guy,' I laugh.

'I can't believe I have such a manly boyfriend,' She gleamed, running her hands over my abs.  Two weeks ago, I drunkenly asked Annabel to be my girlfriend and have subtly regretted it ever since. There's nothing with her, despite not being able to recite the eleven times tables and not knowing who Liam Gallagher is. And those things are easily fixed. Like my brothers always told me, having a pretty girl on your arm is like having a Rolex on your wrist. Even better if you have both, which I do.

Marie    

I watch Lewis across the green take off his Ralph Lauren polo and grimace. He is disgustingly self absorbed and Annabel is practically mounting him. I know he loves it. She makes him feel like the God he thinks he is.

      Hugo's phone buzzes and he immediately checks it.

'Who was that?' I ask, furrowing my brow.

'No one,' He mumbles, still typing and not looking at me.

'You're texting no one?' I hit his arm and raised my voice slightly.

'Fucking hell, do you need to know everything?' He groans, putting his phone back into his pocket.

'I was just asking, jeez,' I sigh, starting to pick at the grass.

      I get my cigarettes and lighter out of my pocket and begin to smoke one.

'You're gonna get caught, you know,' Hugo tells me. I ignore him, trying to send a signal that I'm pissed off. Either he doesn't care or he's oblivious. I look up at the grey sky and lean back onto Hugo's lap as I smoke.