2. Shannara

CHAPTER 2
Shannara

WHEN THE WOMAN in the white dress received a message from the [God of Death], she grew excited. Finally, her god was communicating with her again.

But the content of the message didn't bring her joy. It only made her blood boil.

»»I found my next heir. Do everything to make him stronger. That way, he could kill the hero, and I will be able to descend in Azura.««

The term "heir" unsettled her deeply. After dedicating millennia as her god's apprentice, she had hoped to be his favorite, his only favorite, perhaps even his successor. Now, her dreams are shattered, again...replaced by the realization that another heir had been chosen. For the nth time!

Determined to maintain her unique connection with her god, she sabotaged the newly transmigrated heir, making him the weakest possible demon class and leading him to the treacherous depths of the dark forest to meet his demise. She cursed him to existence as a lesser demon, who resides outside the demon realm, so that his life-force would dwindle away, little by little, until his death.

Demons, who do not have enough strengths or blessings would die sooner the moment they step out of the demon realm. The density of mana outside the demon realm is not suitable for the demons, especially the weak ones. Their life-force would slowly succumb until they lose it.

Also, lesser demons do not have the ability to reincarnate after many years. It's perfect for her plans, killing two birds with one stone.

The woman in white dress, Shannara, thought first of bringing the so-called heir to the nearest town, however, humans will definitely kill the heir---who's a lesser demon---instantly the moment they see him. She didn't want that, she wants every heir to descend in the world of Azura die little by little. She wants every heir chosen, experience pains and suffering. That was her plan.

She succeeded in making the past heirs suffer before their death, and it's not impossible to do it again.

"Heir who?" she sneered. "I am the one entitled to be closest to my god. No one else! NO ONE!"

Confident in the heir's impending demise, she returned to the demon realm to focus on her own ascent to power.

***

DEMON REALM

IN THE DEPTHS of the Demon Realm, Shannara, who is currently in a good mood, received disturbing news.

"Lord Shannara, the [Sensor of Death] has escaped." The Demon Messenger, Randalf, trembled before her, delivering the dire report.

"[Sensor of Death] escaped the Prison of Hell?!" she roared, her anger palpable. "Summon Nieve!" Shannara's voice boomed, her rage simmering beneath the surface.

"Understood, Lord Shanarra!" Randalf stood from kneeling, and then he bowed, before walking out of the room. When he came back, he brought the 7th rank Demon General with him.

Nieve, the 7th rank Demon General, entered, showing deference despite her pride.

"Lord Shannara, why did you summon me?" Nieve inquired, her respect evident.

"Go outside the demon realm and find the [Sensor of Death]. Bring anyone you like capable of crossing realms," Shannara commanded, her tone unforgiving. "But do not inform the [God of Death]. Bring her back if you locate her."

Nieve, masking her disdain, accepted the task and departed, concealing her own thoughts.

This damn demonlord. She thought she was the heir of our god. Despicable woman! Nieve, while preparing her comrades for departure, complained nonstop.

Shannara, inside her room, seethed with fury at the escape of the bitch, vowing vengeance if she found the fugitive herself.

I must bring back [Sensor of Death] in the prison as soon as possible, before she gets the opportunity to communicate with my god!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

If you like this story, votes and comments are highly appreciated!

😗