xix. 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

//chapter nineteen • meaningless spoken words

//chapter nineteen 
• meaningless spoken words

THEY SPENT THE NIGHT at the Wreck. Kiara broke them in since she knew all the security codes and the group of teens made beds out of whatever they could. Kiara and Andrew slept on a benches in the waiting area while the other two slept on the benches in the booths. They stayed pass out there for a long time.

Pope woke up the next morning with a passive headache, groaning as he rubbed his head. JJ was already awake, staring out the large into while opening and closing his metal lighter.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ stated as Pope walked over to the blond. When JJ spoke, Andrew stirred from a bench, he'd never had been a very hard sleeper as he pealed his eyes open.

"No, they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope disagreed, looking around at the streets around them.

"Let's hope."

"You know, we were in that car," Kiara stated as she groggily sat up. Her hair was a mess and she wasn't used to loosing this much sleep at one time. "They're probably looking for us too." She rasped out and coughed. Kiara had the worse morning voice, she never sounded human when she woke up.

Pope glared over at Kiara before he glanced back at JJ and shrugged. "Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B."

"So what? We find him before they do?" Andrew asked, narrowing his eyes at Pope as he pushed his curly hair back out of his face. Pope didn't reply, just went through JJ's backpack and took the keys to his bike.

"Pope?" JJ asked as Pope walked towards the front door of the Wreck.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope stated as he made a b-line for the door.

"Hey, you be careful." Kiara told the boy who paused, glancing over at her before setting his jaw and looking back at JJ.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope instructed the blond, not caring to acknowledge Kiara before he walked out the door. JJ shot Kiara a look and the girl scoffed, getting up as she followed Pope out.

"Okay, what is your problem?" Kiara called out to the boy who was halfway to JJ's bike.

"No problem, Officer, I'm just doing my job." Pope retorted as he got on the bike and stuck the keys in to start it.

"Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." Kiara said as Pope started the bike and revved the engine loudly.

"What was that?" Pope asked.

"Look━ I didn't mean to." Kie said but as she spoke Pope revved the engine over her voice and drowned out her words.

"Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?" Pope repeated, glaring over at the girl.