𓆩⟡ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ⟡𓆪

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

╰┈➤ After several hours of travel, the coach ferrying [Y/N] and her friends finally arrived at the school building. The driver deftly parked the vehicle and swung open the doors, inviting the students to disembark.

At the rear of the bus, nestled among the seats, [Y/N], Mitzy, Hope, and Delilah found themselves in a tranquil moment punctuated only by the soft, rhythmic snoring of Hope, who had slept through the entire journey. Just as [Y/N] turned her gaze towards the window, the sky opened up, unleashing a torrential downpour.

"Ah, crap," [Y/N] muttered under her breath, her mind already racing to devise a plan to avoid getting soaked on the way home.

"Hey, do you think one of your parents could give me a ride? I'd rather not walk all the way home in this rain, but if not, no worries," she ventured, her voice tinged with weariness.

"Why can't your parents or youhei pick you up?" Mitzy inquired, adjusting her backpack as she turned towards [Y/N].

"They're both at work. My mum's tied up in a meeting, and my dad... well, he's not exactly known for quick responses to texts or calls, and youhei fell ill this week so hes resting up" [Y/N] replied with a resigned chuckle.

"Well sorry, [N/N], I can't give you a lift. The car's already full; my parents picked up my sisters on the way here," Mitzy lamented, sympathy evident in her tone.

"I can't offer you a ride, since Hope is walking back to my place with me. so were gonna get wet either way, It's not as far as your house though, but still... sorry, [Y/N]," Delilah chimed in, offering a consolatory pat on [Y/N]'s shoulder as she nudged Hope awake.

"You could come back to my place if you want though. It's a shorter walk," Delilah suggested, extending a helping hand.

"No, it's okay, guys, don't worry about it. Thanks, though," [Y/N] smiled gratefully, gathering her numerous bags into her arms, the weight of her luggage evident even in her attempt to maintain composure.

"Well, I'd better make a move if I want to beat this rain. See you all on Monday!" [Y/N] called out as she hurried towards the exit of the coach, expressing her gratitude to the driver in passing before darting out into the down pour, unapologetic for her brisk pace, fuelled by a desire to reach the sanctuary of home.

As she sprinted onwards, her destination gradually came into focus, each step propelling her closer to the refuge of her own street. With a final surge of effort, she propelled herself forward, only to collide with an unexpected obstacle, stumbling backward as her bags tumbled onto the wet grass and concrete.

As she hastily gathered her belongings, a voice cut through the din of the rain, offering assistance and concern.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry. Are you alright, [Y/N]?" the voice inquired, extending a hand to help her up, sheltered beneath the comforting canopy of an umbrella.