CHAPTER 8 Mistake

After he came out of the shower, he straightaway went out without talking to me. But what exactly will he talk about when he plays a dirty game with me while actually forcing me to marry him? I guess he has nothing to talk about, really.

After taking the shower, I freshened up and went outside the room to greet everyone. Today was our walima ceremony, and everyone was busy with the preparations. I was told to sit back in my room and relax for a bit till the parlor lady came and got me ready.

For the whole time, Ali didn't come into the room as he might have been busy with the preparations, but wait, why am I thinking about him? I am not supposed to think about him, so I decided to divert my mind while searching online for internships and programs I could apply for, as I didn't want to compromise my studies because of this forced marriage.

I dressed up in a pink bridal lehenga with a dupatta covering my head. Since I didn't like to apply heavy makeup, I chose minimal natural makeup. I turned back to get up when I saw Ali coming towards me through the mirror. I stood still, waiting for him to say something, as he just vanished after our conversation in the morning. He was wearing black coat pants, looking so hot that for a while I forgot to blink my eyes and kept staring at him.

"You are looking beautiful, Meri Jaan," he said in a soft tone, making shivers run down my spine.

"Don't call me Jaan, and anyway, I haven't given you the right to call me that." I could see his expression changing and his eyes turning dark due to anger.

"Why do you always act so rudely with me? What have I done to you? You accepted this marriage, and that's why we got married; then why this behavior?" He asked me while fisting his hands to control his anger.

Before I could speak, I saw my mother-in-law coming into the room.

"Let's go beta; we are getting late. You have the whole night to talk to your wife," she said while smiling.

I just nodded and started to walk behind him while keeping my gaze down. Throughout the entire ceremony, I could feel his intense gaze on me, looking at me with his eyes filled with many questions, but as always, I ignored him throughout the entire ceremony, plastering a fake smile across my face.

After Walima came back home at night, Right now, I was taken to my room to get some sleep after such a tiring day. As soon as I came to my room, I quickly went to the bathroom to freshen up and relax from all the tiredness. As I came out of the room, I saw Ali sitting on the bed with his hands on his head.

Is his head aching? Anyway, why should I care?

I thought that I went to grab my laptop to finish some of my clients work. During my first year in college itself, I started doing freelance work to start earning, and as of now, it's going pretty well. I make a decent sum of money while still gaining a lot of experience, which is very much required in my field.

As soon as I sat on the bed, I could feel his strong gaze on me again, which, to be honest, was annoying to me rather than making shivers run down my body. After my parents arranged my marriage without my permission, I lost hope in everyone. I can't even be bothered to ask him about all my unanswered questions.

I came out of my thoughts when I felt his hand on my shoulders. Before I could react, he pulled me towards himself while, with his other hand, he took my laptop and kept it on the table.

"Why are you ignoring me, and today I won't listen to any of your excuses? I want my answers, so you better answer me right now."

"And what if I don't? Huh!"

Trust me, you won't like its consequence then."

You can't threaten me, Mr. Ali. Just because you forcefully married me doesn't give you the right to act rudely toward me. Ok, and I am not answerable to any of your questions.

"Sara Please don't do this to me. Please tell me what I did. I really like you, and you also.."

"Oh wow, now are we pretending, Mr. Ali? So let me tell you what your mistake is. You fucking are the reason for my life getting destroyed. Because of you, I was forced by my parents to marry you, and you know the reason behind that is that you and your parents asked my parents for a whopping sum of $90 million. What kind of friend makes them sign such a ridiculous deal before helping them? Huh, you all are so mean, and I am not forgiving any of you. You thought you were married, so you won. Nuh, I will make you regret your decisions, Mr. Ali. Just wait and watch. I will make your life a fucking hell. I will make sure that every single fucking day you regret the decision to marry me. Just wait and watch," saying that I took back my laptop, I stormed off to the balcony, slamming the door shut.