CHAPTER 6 His Decision

I was left with confusion in my heart. Should I be happy or scared because they might ask for their money back after this marriage cancellation?

It took me some time to digest everything, but hoping that Ali wouldn't do anything of the sort, I jumped in excitement and immediately called Meerab to give her the good news. We both started dancing and giggling, unaware of what was going to happen next.

I thought of sharing this news with my parents. After all, they care about me, and they would be more than happy to see me get out of this marriage, right? But boy, I was wrong!

As soon as I entered their room, they were glaring at me as if I had done something really bad. Seeing their faces, I already realized that they knew everything.

"What did you tell Ali? Do you have any clue what you have done?" My father yelled at me angrily while my mom was sitting on the sofa and crying the whole time.

"Why are you yelling at me? Aren't you happy that your daughter is finally free?" I said, controlling my tears.

"Yeah, right! I should be really happy because they asked for their money back, and we are literally broke because we, as good parents, chose to spend it all on our daughter's wedding," he said sarcastically, making me stand there still as if my whole body froze.

"Ali asked for his money back. I..I thought he didn't want any of it, and he said...."

"Well, I guess you got it all wrong, and now, like a good girl, you are going to call him and apologize; otherwise, you all will face the worst side of me. Do you understand? I said, Do you understand?"

"Yes, dad!" I said, saying that I started typing his number.

Realizing that after so many attempts I failed to save myself from him and this marriage, my whole body started shaking while I was rasping due to fear because I had never seen my dad this mad in my entire life.

"Hello. Assalamualaikum papa. I was about to call you to talk to you about this marriage." Ali spoke in a low tone from the other end of the phone.

"H.. Hello..w..Walekum Assalam, I..I..actually wanted to talk to you...."

"I did what you told me to do now; what else do you want?" He said it in a fuming tone while clutching his fingers.

"I want to marry you, Ali. I want to be your bride and be o..only yours. Please don't cancel this marriage. I really am sorry for whatever I said before; please forgive me this time." I said it in one flow while controlling my tears and my shaking voice.

"Is this marriage a joke to you, Sara? You don't have to marry me if you don't want to understand."

I was so confused as to why he was acting so innocent, as if he didn't know anything about the contract. But this wasn't the right time to talk about all this, so I continued with my acting, although the only difference was that I was actually feeling the pain while acting.

"I am sorry for hurting your feelings. I.. I am sorry. I am ready for this marriage, I swear. Please give me one more chance."

"Ok, then get ready for the nikah tomorrow. Allah hafiz," he said while smirking.

"Hmm. Allah hafiz," saying that I cut the call.

I could feel my parents glaring at me in the hope that I resolved the issue. I told them about our conversation with a heavy heart. On top of everything, my parents were acting like heartless creatures who left me there without even caring about my tears and pain.

I was locked in my room without any gadgets in fear of me doing something stupid again. After seeing everyone's behavior, I felt so helpless and broken from the inside, as if I had no strength left to fight against them. I failed! I couldn't save myself and my future, and now everything is over. I said it to myself, crying and sobbing nonstop on my bed.

The same night, my mehandi ceremony was there. The entire house was decorated with green decorations and lighting. All the guests happily danced in front of me while the bride herself sat there like a soulless person.

I didn't even notice the mehndi design on my hands until she started writing his name in between the henna designs.

"Make your husband find his name in between the designs on your first night," the Henna artist said in a teasing voice.

"Hmm!" is all I could say at that moment.

The entire time I was thinking about the ways in which I could end this marriage, and the only way that came to mind was by annoying Ali and by leaving him with no other option than divorcing me.

NEXT PART: 31 October 2023