twenty

›››

Niall shoves a spoon of cookie dough ice cream toward his mouth. The creamy goodness melts at the tip of his tongue and he smiles as it disappears through his throat.

"Ew. Are you trying to act a commercial video over there?" Clara snorts beside him and she takes another spoonful of caramel ice cream into her mouth. She didn't bother to wipe away the dripping cream from her face as she shoves spoonful after spoonful of it.

Both Niall and Clara are sitting inside an ice cream store. After she got her pads, Niall is hungry and is in need for something sweet, so they stopped by here before crashing Nandos.

"Messy head." Niall chuckles and wipes away the cream from her face, earning Clara to roll her eyes.

For a moment, the silence falls over them and they just sit there, staring through the glass window, watching as people pass by.

"He's so small." Clara says, pointing over to a guy in a business coat. He is struggling to stable two phones between his shoulder and ears. The look on his face shows perplexity of being a busy guy looking for tons of money.

Niall shoots his head Clara's way and he gasps in disbelief but eventually joins in. "Too small for his coat."

"I think he needs a girlfriend. He seems like the lonely wittle dude."

"I think you need a boyfriend."

"Rude."

"So are you."

"Nope, mister. Wrong day."

"Yes, whore. Right one."

"Nah."

"Yup."

"Stop picking a fight."

"Stop replying to my wise words."

"Ew, I almost choke."

"Almost."

"Shut up." Clara finally gives in and throws away her ice cream cup as she curses at her long hair for blocking her sight to the trashbin.

I need a haircut. She says in her heart and pulls her hair up into a tight ponytail hoping the stupid strands of hair won't fall off again.

"When are you going to follow me back?" Niall pouts by her side as they push their way through the people, heading straight to the park.

"Never in your lifetime, son." Clara shrugs and winks at him.

The man groans and it gives Clara a lovely satisfaction. She was going to follow Niall back, but she needs him to beg. She loves seeing Niall as the cute, vulnerable, pouting-all-the-time and whining-all-the-time man.

"But mom." He leans in and places his heavy head on Clara's little shoulder.

"You need to listen well son." Clara shakes her head no and sternly looking at him straight in the eye.

Niall frowns and closes his eyes. It was pathetically hurting him that he didn't get a followback. But then he realizes how he was being overdramatic and clingy.

"I'm going to ask for one last time. Follow me back, pleeeeeeeeeeease?" He let out his cutest voice and bats his short eyelashes before putting his bottom lip out, in order to win the girl's heart.

It works though.

"Fine!" Clara retorts and rummages through her purse for her phone. When she finds it, she unlocks them and open the Twitter app. Clara searches for @NiallOfficial before clicking on the follow button.