Chapter Eleven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable ) ✝︎ ─── 11.
Chupacabra. ❞

     MELODY TAPPED her fingers against the hood of the car as she looked at the map Rick was showing her. He had already discussed everything with the rest of the group, and since she had slept in ── Melody and Carl had stayed up later than she expected ── Rick had to explain everything to her.

Melody hadn't been paying attention to what he was saying, her eyes glancing to his hands every time he pointed to some place on the map. She nodded her head every few moments to make it look like she was listening.

She peeled her eyes away from his hands after she glanced at the silver ring on his finger, leaning her elbows against the hood of the car to look at the map. She had gotten most of what he was saying, the rest had just went through one ear and out the other.

"So, which group do you wanna go with?" Rick asked after he finished explaining, looking up at her. Melody stares at him with an annoyed expression, she expected him to know the answer already.

"Stop asking stupid fucking questions, Grimes" Melody rolled her eyes, grabbing her crossbow that was leaning against the side of the car that Rick had gave her back after a while of debating. Rick rolled his eyes at her, folding the map up and placing it in his back pocket.

Rick had started to learn how Melody worked, which expression she pulled at him meant, which rude gesture she gave him meant, how her tone would change depending on who she spoke to. It was normally a pissed off one whenever she was speaking to him, Shane or Andrea, when she was speaking to Carl, Carol or Lori, it seemed as though pure sugar had came out of her mouth instead.

Right now, she meant that she was going with him whether he liked it or not. Daryl had already left a while ago, telling Rick not to let Melody follow after him since he was taking a horse and he knew that Melody wasn't the best at riding horses. Since Melody had decided she was going with Rick, that meant that he'd have to tell Shane to go with someone else since he didn't want to deal with their bickering.

RICK WAS pretty sure that his ears were going to explode at this point. Melody had been ranting about how she was still pissed at him for leaving Merle behind, how she was sort of glad Otis was dead after shooting Carl, but at the same time she felt sorry for his friends and family, and how Harry had been really creepy towards both her and Carl last night when everyone had went to bed.

Rick stopped in his tracks, turning to face Melody with raised eyebrows. "What do you mean, he was being creepy?"

Melody shrugged her shoulders, stopping when she seen that he had stopped. "He just kept looking at Carl with this really weird look on his face."