10

After helping Polly get ready this time after her fussing the whole way you couldn't wait to head to the races. It made you sad that the boys had already left. But Polly said it most likely had to do with what happened yesterday and for you to just relax. You could tell she knew more then she let on, but you didn't want to push. Polly always told you things in her own time.

Polly smiled bright and walked gracefully across the floor into your room. "Okay! Let me grab your dress and we'll get you looking more gorgeous then you already are"

You blushed softly starting to undo your current clothes. "You flatter me, Pol"

"Oh psh! You just don't see how gorgeous you are truly!"

She walked over to you and placed your dress down as she helped you. It always made you happy when Polly complimented you like she did. Like a true mother daughter relationship. While it did make you happy it also made you sad. Almost right on queue Polly stops at your skirt and looks into your eyes. The silent between you two was thick. But it was almost like she could sense your emotions. Polly was always great at that. She wrapped her arms around you and hugged you close and tight. While you returned it you both couldn't help but tear up a bit.

For you, Polly is a mother. For her, you are a daughter. Both of you lost the chance to experience that true relationship. But the bond you felt with her was so strong that you didn't know what would happen to you if she died. You somehow felt that she felt the exact same way. As she parted from you she smiled softly and rubbed your tear away as you rubbed hers away.

"I love you, y/n. You are gunna be a wonderful part of this family" Polly's smile couldn't be contained

You smiled bright at her. "I love you too, mom"

This caused Polly to freeze when she had grabbed your dress. You started to panic when that just slipped out of your mouth. Polly looked to you with wide eyes.

"Polly...I'm so sorry! It just —"

She hugged you so fast and so tight that your breath caught in your throat. That's when Polly's strong demeanor slipped away and a sob left her. You slowly held her close as she cried into your shoulder.

"Please, continue to call me that" Polly said this through tears.

You held her and rubbed your back. "I'll continue. No matter what, mom"

You both smiled and finally she let you go and sniffled a little. "Okay. Enough of this. Let's finally get you ready."

As you got into this dress you put your heels on

As you got into this dress you put your heels on. Polly helped with your makeup and hair as she held your hat. You walked to a mirror in your room as Polly stood behind you.

"See? Absolutely beautiful" she fixed your hat as you just smiled.

Fixing some of your long h/c hair you grabbed your gloves and placed them on. Polly gave you, your coat and she put hers on. That's when she noticed a note. She walked to it and when she opened it a lot of money was in it. She read it and gave a smile.