Chapter 3

Five months into my pregnancy, the money that the ninja left has nearly run out. I use a hundred dollars to buy the last of the baby stuff I need but only have a hundred left. Morro has been trying to get a job but can't cause he's a ghost.

I'm sitting on a park bench after buying the stuff and resting my feet. I found out I'm having a boy and my belly is already showing. The baby kicks and I touch the swell. "What, want a song, baby boy." I say and earn a kick in response.

Humming, I soon start singing.

After I'm finished, a hand on my shoulder has me looking at a guy. "Hi, I'm Miles. Have you ever thought about singing professionally." He says, sitting down. "Um...........I'm focusing on my unborn right now." I said.

Miles looks at my belly where my hand rests and holds out a card. "If you ever reconsider, call me. I'll have you do one gig and if you don't like it, I'll leave you alone." He says as I take the card. Miles leaves and I head home.

Morro is having a hissy fit cause he still can't score a job. "Just face it,Morro. You'll never get a job looking like that." Soul Archer said. Banchee takes the bags from me as I sit on the couch and look at the card.

"What's that." Morro asks, looking over my shoulder and reading the card. "A singer manager. You do have a great voice. You should take it." Morro says as Soul and Banchee agree. Pulling out my phone, I give Miles a call. 'Hey, Kai right. I was wondering if you'd actually call. So, have you thought about my offer.' Miles says.

"I'll do the gig, but if I don't like it, I'm walking away and you forget about me." I said. 'I can handle that. Meet me at Molly's bar and dinner tomorrow at Eight. A thousand dollars guarantee no matter which way the night swings.' Miles says. "Kay, I'll be there and I'm bringing a few friends." I said.

'the more the merrier. See ya than.' Miles says. I hang up as Soul Archer floats over. "Can you grace us with a song." She asks. I smile as Morro plays a song I know and love.

When I finish, the baby kicks and I rub my belly. "You like it when I sing, don't cha." I say and he kicks again. Doing two more songs, I retire to my room leaving three satisfied ghosts.

The next day, I go through the day and get ready for the gig at Molly's at six o'clock. Morro comes over and puts a crown of leaves on my head and it suits me.

I head to Molly's and meet Miles outside. "Hey, your early." He says, smiling. "Yeah, sorry." I said. "No, its fine. You can wait and listen to the current act, I'll let ya know now, your better." Miles said as we walk in.

Listening to the guy, he's singing all out of tune. The patrons are booing or getting up and leaving. The manager gets the guy off stage as Miles walks up and talks with the man. He nods as Miles waves to me and I walk up.

Many of the men and women groan, some get up as I sit down. "Please, don't leave. Not just yet, my friends." I ask, talking into the mic. Some sit back down while others remain standing.

Nodding to the DJ, he plays a song that I know very well.

After the song, I earn a round of applause as the DJ plays more songs and I sing them. The night ends at 11 with me and Miles outside the bar. "Well, a deal is a deal." He hands an envelope and I take it. "When's the next gig." I ask.

The shock is evident on his face but he smiles "Can you be here tomorrow." He asks. "And anytime after that. Name the place and time and I'll be there." I said as Morro and Banchee appear. "So these are your friends." He says as Soul floats down. She gives me a hug "You sanged so good." She says as I laugh.

"Before we go forward, I need to tell you something. I'm an omega and pregnant, five months." I said. "Well, congrats. I'll still sponsor you if you want and you can earn the money to support your little one. What is it." Miles asks.

"A little boy, the father walked out on me when I tried to tell hem." I say. "Sorry to hear that. If you need anything, my wife is more than happy to help." Miles says and walks to a black Chevy.

I form my dragon and head home, changing and getting in bed. My dreams are filled with songs that I'll sing next time or write. I smile in my sleep as darkness takes me