Chapter 5

Year later

I'm in the kitchen cooking some food for me, Zach and Miles for when he gets here. He says he wants to talk about something with me so he's stopping by, and to give Zach a present that didn't arrive on time for his seventh birthday. The door bell of the monastery rings and I go answer it. Miles smiles "Hey, where's my nephew." He says after I let him inside. With no family, he's come to call Zach his nephew.

"Uncle Miles." Zach crashes into him, almost knocking him over. Miles catches himself as he hugs the dark amber and black haired seven year old. When Zach asked me what his no good for nothing dad looked like, I took him into the bathroom and showed himself in the mirror. I told him he looks like that but solid black hair. 

That's my only curse, Zach is Identacle to Cole but with Amber hair at his roots fading to black. I love him like nothing else. 

Miles leads Zach to the living room and sets down the bag. Zach opens it and gasps, pulling out a wooden puzzle and model train set. I smile, going back to the kitchen as Zach begins playing. Miles joins me "Overboard." He asks. "Never. I was going to get him a train set but I couldn't figure out which one." I say. 

Miles chuckles "so, about why I'm here, a friend of mine heard about you and as asked for you. His employer is a model who's partner quit on him cause the next shoot is one where they kiss and hold close and the guy isn't doing it cause Ace is gay." Miles says.

"And cause I am, you offered my name." "No, he asked me to ask you. You can say no." Miles said. I think for a bit, finishing the food. We sit down and eat, I think it over "I'll do it but if at any point I don't like it, I'm walking away." I said. 

Miles smiles "I can agree with that. I'll let hem know you said okay." Miles said as Zach finishes and goes back to his toys and games. Later, putting Zach to bed, me and miles share a drink and talk before I turn in for the night. 

In the nine years that the ninja have gone, I've made ninjago safer by not defeating my enemies, but by friending them. Now, the former villian's live in different parts of Ninjago. What will the photo shoot bring me, time will tell.