Prologue

I do not own any pictures or other media used in the making of this chapter and all credit goes to the original creators.
———————————————————————

The Imperium is in shambles. Defenders, scattered. Allies, conquered and enslaved for the most part. The Darkness? Cutting a swathe through civilized dimensions and dimensional clusters.

All because we failed. We failed to keep it contained. The Darkness is now unbridled with a fury not seen since our first conflict with it eons ago . . .

But we remain unbroken, and unflinching. We will find the Emperor, we will bring back our Imperial light, and beat its Abyssal armies back to the deepest reaches of the multiverse . . .

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Imperium has kept the entity known as the Darkness contained beyond the Cadian defensive line. The Emperors of present time and eons past are the Masters of Mankind by the will of the gods, and masters of countless realms through their benevolence and the might of their inexhaustible armies. The most recent is missing. He is the Lost Lord of the Imperium for whom a grand crusade searches for while what remains of the Empire is ever vigilant.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold quintillions. It is to live during the cruelest and most bloody war imaginable. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of a Dark God.

(Tried my best to make a 40k-esque intro because this story will be a lot more grimdark than "The Ark of War" initially.)

________________________________________________________________________________

The scene changes to one of the expansive void (space).

Suddenly, the rather peaceful scene is interrupted by several loud "BOOMS", in addition to randomly assorted point-defense, Macrocannon, Hard light artillery, and Lance-battery fire.

The view pans downwards slightly to show an Imperial Phanon-Class Astral Titan (or just Titan. Titans are the Imperial equivalent to Super battleships, and as such are super capitals)(equivalent to a Dark Age of Technology design, integrated forerunner tech) fighting off swathes of Dark Interceptors and Warships
________________________________________________________________________________

 Titans are the Imperial equivalent to Super battleships, and as such are super capitals)(equivalent to a Dark Age of Technology design, integrated forerunner tech) fighting off swathes of Dark Interceptors and Warships____________________________...

Specifications:

Class: Phanon-Class Astral Titan

Length: 300km

Width: 55km

mass: 780.7 million tons

Crew:

Up to sixty high level Ancillae (AIs)

1,575 low-level targeting Ancillae

5 Million Sailors,

One Captain