Sol Under Siege, Pt. 3

I do not own any pictures or other media used in the making of this chapter and all credit goes towards the original creators.
___________________________

3rd Person POV

???: INCOMING!!!!-

*BOOOOM!*

*THUD THUD THUD*

*CLANG!*

Arenicos charged through the battlefield with his battle-brothers and their Lucifer Black comrades. The tides had turned, and now those who were once besieged were on the offensive.

Bodies lied scattered across the battlefield, both friend and foe alike. The bodies of Demons, however, simply vanished in black mist after decomposing for several days.

The traitors had, in fact, re-allocated one of their Abyssal Titan Legions from the southern slopes to the Northern plains, just as the Lord-Regent and Lord-Primarch Dorn predicted . . .

But enemy troop movements had also been erratic . . .

As if there was something else on the battlefield, unknown to the Imperial defenders.

Two Imperial Fists rushed past Arenicos, following close behind the Imperial Fists Sergeant Seranor. One Imperial Fists was Taken off guard by a Diabolus Demon, who was awaiting in ambush. The Demon struck with its tail and pierced through the Imperial Fist's eye-lenses, forcing itself through the back of his helmet as another six Demons lounged on the other Astartes, who managed to kill three but was quickly overrun by ten more which had shown up. The Demons managed to breach the Astartes' armor after dragging him down and began mauling his insides.

Abominations, the lot of them.

Arenicos rushed towards his two fallen brothers and brandished his Crozius Arcanum (what the power-maul is actually called), his armor gleaming in the sunlight.
He began yelling obscenities at the Demons as he slaughtered them.

Arenicos: UNHOLY ABOMINATIONS!!! THOU'S FORSAKEN CREATORS SHALL REPENT!!! REPENT MOTHERFRACKERS!!!! FETH THE LOT OF YOU, SCRAMBLING OVER THE BODIES OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS AS IF YOU WERE ANIMALS — TO THE WARP WITH YOU!!! BEGONE!!!

He grabbed the Demon who had struck with its tail by the neck as it lounged at him. He squeezed until he heard a satisfying—

*SNAP*

Arenicos promptly dropped the body as he backhanded another Demon with his power-fist clad right hand.

*SPLAT*

The Demon was sent into a slab of nearby rock-Crete with such force that it completely pulverized the body, which then disappeared in a black, ashy mist.

Arenicos squashed yet another Demon with his Crozius.

Arenicos: COUNTLESS SOULS HAVE SUFFERED DUE TO YOUR EMPEROR-FORSAKEN MASTER AND FALSE PROMISES OF SALVATION. WE SHALL BE THE ONES WHO PUT AN END TO YOUR MASTER'S SCHEMES AND THE ONES WHO END YOUR PITIFUL EXISTENCES!!!

A demon latched onto Arenicos' back as it began clawing away. It was damaging the Ceramite, but not nearly as much as it would have if there were ten. Arenicos grabbed the monster's arm and slammed the pitiful creature towards the ground.

Demon: RRRRAAAAAUUUHHHH!!!! Piiiiiiiitttiiiffffuuuullll . . .

Arenicos stomped its head in before it could finish its accursed last words.

Arenicos: The enemies of the Emperor have not the mercy of uttering their final words, filth.

With Brother-Sergeant Seranor