22 : Career Success to Losing Innocence?

One and a half years after Yn's runaway —

Kevin stood in front of Jungkook's desk, opening a bag of cash, "Take your money and return my daughter for God sake. Tell me where she is?" As he cried and pleaded with desperation.

Jungkook's stern expressions remain unchanged, "She's doing well wherever she is. You don't need to worry about her, and you never needed to repay me because she had already done so much for my company."

Jungkook had separate accounts set up for Yn, recognizing her invaluable contributions as his secretary. She had not only handled numerous meetings and generated significant revenue for the company but had also made substantial returns through her presence of mind and diligent work. Despite deserving raises, circumstances had prevented him from granting them at the time.

"Take it back for Mrs. Carter's treatments and don't hesitate if you need more. Your daughter is still loaded." He closed the bag sliding back towards Kevin.

Jungkook exploited Kevin's weakness by helping him during their tough times, ultimately marrying his daughter. He was well aware that for Yn, her family meant everything, and she would do anything if he succeeded in persuading her father. Likewise, his plan worked.

Kevin's anger flared for the very first time in his life as he rushed at Jungkook and lifted him up by grabbing his collar. Yuri quickly exited upon sensing the tension between them, drawing the blinds to cover the windows.

Jungkook gently moved Kevin's hands away and opened the drawer, revealing three magazines on the table. Kevin's eyes widened as he flipped through the pages.

As Jungkook scrolled through his phone, Kevin sank to his knees, clutching the magazines close to his heart as tears streamed down his face.

"Kiwi Carter? Is she my Yn?" he cried out, his voice breaking with emotion.

"Kevin's Kiwi!! Any doubts?" Jungkook chuckled softly, contrasting with Kevin's overwhelming grief. Jungkook continued to swipe through his phone, revealing images of Yn thriving as she inaugurated her own mid-sized business firm.

"Let her live however she wants and make Mrs. Carter and Minho understand. She'll return on her own, very soon." He said with an assuring smile as Kevin left puzzled. But Kevin was happy to know that his daughter is living fine and independent, the way they all envisioned once.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

After his workout routine in the evening at his home, had the refreshing drink and washed up later. "Jungkook.. have dinner.." Hyejin voiced.