[04] last day on earth

4. Last Day On Earth

 Last Day On Earth

✩ ➵ ✩

"YOU'RE BORING ME." Celiea commented from her spot by the window.

"Well excuse me if I don't know how to charm thousands of people." Elara rolled her eyes.

"Just be interesting. I do it."

"How do I do that?"

Celiea raised a brow. "I can't tell you that. You've just got to understand how."

"I give up." She sighed, throwing her hands up.

Weston chuckled and unscrewed the top of the whiskey. "You're a likeable person, Elara. As long as you push the peace agenda, you should be fine." He shook his head as he poured.

"You guys are supposed to guide me. I hope you gave Tanner better advice than this." She huffed.

"Elara, there's not really much we can tell you about this part. As long as you don't say the wrong thing like how much you hate the Capitol or something, you'll be fine. I promise."

Slumping back in her seat, she picked at her thumbnail. "I just don't wanna disappoint you guys." She muttered.

Weston froze his 'glass-swirling' and swallowed thickly, despite never taking a drink. Over by the window, Celiea's usually-sharp gaze softened. "You won't, kid." Weston spoke, his voice cracking slightly.

✩ ➵ ✩

"Please give a very warm welcome to Miss Elara Rosewood!" Caesar announced, stretching an arm as she stepped onto the stage. He smiled widely at her, offering a hand to help her up the steps to the small platform with the armchairs placed accordingly. She spread out the skirt of her dress, a midnight blue shade made of silk, partly to show off Val's creation but also to maximise her comfort.

She took her seat after greeting the man kindly, a forced smile plastered across her lips.

"So Elara, the first thing I have to mention is what a beautiful entrance you made the other day. Do we agree, folks?" He addressed the audience.

"Thank you." She shrugged. "That was just something I had lying around."

"Oh you did, did you?" Caesar chuckled. "The rose petals were such a gorgeous display of what a little birdie told me meant unity?"

"Yes. Exactly."

"Why was that so important for you to show?"