Part 2.

“Why would he act separately with you at such a time?” Xichen asked, his tone laced with concern.

“Where did you hear that from?” Wei Wuxian shot back, suspicion creeping into his voice.

“I told him that,” Clan Leader Jin replied smugly, stirring a wave of disgust in Wangji's stomach.

“It’s like this. I couldn’t sleep tonight and took a stroll outside the inn. I only came here by accident. Hanguang-Jun’s in another room. He doesn’t know I went out,” Wei Wuxian explained, maintaining his composure.

“You two sleep in two rooms?” Jin Guangyao commented, and Wangji's eyes widened. Why are they asking such questions?

“Who told you we would definitely get one room?” Wei Wuxian countered, and then his expression shifted as realization dawned on him. It’s my brother who told him about our lives, Wangji thought, a chill running through him.

“You two really do talk about anything and everything,” Wei Wuxian remarked, staring blankly as he grasped the closeness between his brother and Jin.

“Young Master Wei, did something happen between you two?” Xichen pressed.Wangji felt a pang of betrayal; he trusted his brother with his secrets, yet here they were exposed.

“Sect Leader Lan, what could’ve happened between us? For now, let’s focus on dealing with this,” Wei Wuxian said firmly.

“I was too impatient. My apologies,” Xichen conceded, and Wangji felt a flicker of agreement; Wei Wuxian was right to call for an apology.

“It seems there’s indeed a problem. Doesn’t seem like a small one,” Lian Fangjun added, his tone serious.

“Right now, the entire cultivation world is about to crusade against you, Lian Fangjun, and you’re still sitting back? Still got spare time to worry about others?” Wei Wuxian retorted sharply.Exactly! What’s happening between us is none of their concern, Wangji thought vehemently.

“I just had to comment. Hanguang-Jun has spent so many years in yearning, and even today he hasn’t gotten his happy ending yet. Not only is Sect Leader Lan impatient; even an outsider can’t bear watching it,” Lian Fangjun continued.

“Shut up!” Wangji thought fiercely, clenching his jaw in frustration as they remained oblivious to his presence.

“What yearning? What happy ending? What do you mean?” Wei Wuxian demanded. “It wasn’t your place to worry about it; you should shut your mouth, Clan Leader Jin!”

“Do you really not understand or are you just pretending? No matter what, if Hanguang-Jun heard this, it’d be hurtful,” Jin Guangyao said coolly.

“You’re no one to tell me how I should feel or how my Weiying feels!” Wangji thought angrily.

“I really don’t understand! Just say it!” Wei Wuxian exclaimed in frustration.

“Sect Leader Lan! You said Lan Zhan’s feelings? What are they? Is it...?” Wei Wuxian stammered, clearly distressed.

Before he could finish, Brother pushed him away, leaving Wangji feeling helpless and exposed as the truth hung in the air like a heavy fog.