Chapter 1

Shadow woke up on the floor of his longhouse with Kozmo and Jack over him talking "Shad, can you hear me you awake?" Kozmo asked as she leaned in a bit her long black hair falling over her shoulder, Shadow groaned and sat up holding his head as everything was spinning "this needs to stop" Jack sighed as he dropped Shadows bottle on his lap and walked off "what did it this time?" Shadow mumbled "I don't know, you were taking god knows how many drugs last night and drinking vodka like water" Kozmo sighed as she stood up and helped Shadow up "you've gotten skinnier" Kozmo sighed sitting Shadow on one of the large tables "I haven't" Shadow mumbled as he opened the bottle and drank some "you have, you used to have these nice big muscles, now you've got more of an athletic toned body you've shrunk" Kozmo said as she pulled a joint out of her bag "I'm fine, why are you here anyway?" Shadow groaned as he rubbed his face "Jack needs to check you eyes and change the bandage, and your father wants to see you" Kozmo said as she took a long drag of her joint as Jack walked over "just give me the new ones" Shadow sighed as he stood up, Jack handed them over and crossed his arms watching as Shadow pulled the old and bloody bandage off messing up his long messy white hair and showing his eyeless sockets before he quickly covered them again with the new bandage it instantly getting a little of Shadows black blood on it "when's the last time you spoke to Devin?" Kozmo asked as she sat next to Shadow and handed him the joint "ten years" Shadow sighed as he sat forward and grabbed a bottle of vodka "you should go see him, talk to him about all this" Kozmo sighed "I'm fine!" Shadow shouted scaring Kozmo before he got up took a long drink of the vodka then walked back to his room behind the large table at the front and slammed the door "come on, we're not going to knock any sense into him" Jack said helping Kozmo up "he just needs to realise how much this is affecting him" she said as they walked out.

Shadow sighed and moved away from the door and over to his bed where Y/n's mask was hanging on the wall above his mothers scythe, he lay down and curled up wrapping himself in his large black raven like wings as he fell asleep. Slender walked in and sighed at the mess of broken glass beers, cans and bottles of alcohol with blood and joint ends everywhere, Slender grabbed some cleaning supply's and got to work, a few hours later he was finished cleaning and knocked on Shadows bedroom door before opening it to see Shadow curled up asleep with his wings twitching softly, Slender sighed and walked over as Zalgo walked in "is he awake-oh" Zalgo sighed "should have seen the mess when I walked in, he wont be happy if we wake him" Slender said as he pulled the covers over Shadow and turned his tv down a bit "we'll wait, hopefully he remembers its the prince's coming of age party tonight" Zalgo said as they walked into another room and sat down at the table "ah, prince Y/n is twenty-one I take it?" Slender asked "yes, and as Shadow is a god and king he is required to be there" Zalgo sighed as he poured himself a drink "he wont stay sober for very long, maybe we can send Devin over? its been a while" Slender said before they heard a bottle smash and Shadows door slammed open, Slender sighed "spikey mood" he said as he stood up and walked out to see Shadow sitting on the table rolling a joint with an unopened bottle of vodka next to him "you have another overdose?" Slender asked as he noticed some dried blood under Shadows nose "uh huh" Shadow hummed as he lit the joint and stood up with the bottle of vodka "you have a party to go to tonight" Slender said, Shadow tilted his head a bit as if looking at Slender as a little blood stained the bandages "I'm not wearing a suit" Shadow mumbled as whisky a large wolf like creature with black fur and floppy ears and a wolf skull for a head walked in carrying an elk in its mouth, he walked over to Shadow wagging his tail.

Shadow sighed and pet his head as he took a drag of his joint "we just need you to stay moderately sober until after" Slender said "what is this party for?" Shadow asked as he sat back and whiskey lay down to eat "you don't remember?" Zalgo asked as he walked over "no I don't" Shadow mumbled as he opened the bottle of vodka and drank some "its prince Y/n's birthday, he's twenty-one today" Zalgo said "its a stupid birthday why do I need to be there?" Shadow asked "because he's the prince and your a king of an entire species so no arguments, go shower and get dressed" Zalgo said making Shadow growl as he took another drag of his joint "I'll fill your flask go get dressed" Slender said as he picked up Shadows flask "fill all three" Shadow said as he drank more and got up, Slender sighed as Shadow walked back to his room "we need to send him to rehab again" Zalgo said as he leaned on the table watching Slender fill the three flasks "after the party, the prince needs to meet him at least once" Slender said screwing the lids back on the flasks "true, as long as he doesn't wear that see-through top with the collar I'll be happy" Zalgo said just as Shadow walked out his room with his combat trousers and boots on with his hoodie, he had a black silk choker around his neck and his crown on that was made of bone and covered his forehead in a small intertwining pattern with a small red diamond in the middle over his forehead that was mostly covered by the bandages over his eyes "at least your not wearing that top" Zalgo said as he stood up, Shadow lifted his black hoodie a bit as he took a drink from his bottle of vodka showing he was wearing the top underneath making Zalgo sigh "keep your hoodie on for the night" he said "so when are we leaving?" Shadow asked as he stretched his wings "now, we have to be there for seven, so your eating in the car, where's your bottle" Zalgo said.

Shadow pulled the bottle from his pocket and put it on the table as he picked up the flasks and put them in his pocket as Zalgo picked up the bottle and walked to the fridge and opened it to see an arm on the top shelf holding an open beer "why is there an arm in here?" Zalgo sighed as he grabbed a couple blood bags "that's where it went" Shadow said as he walked over and grabbed the beer "you can clean it up later" Zalgo sighed as he handed Shadow his bottle and watched as he put it in his pocket "good lets go" Zalgo said pulling Shadow out the longhouse and to a car waiting outside "so why do I need to meet the prince? I'm sure like everyone else he's heard of me" Shadow mumbled as he sat in the back of the car with his feet on the chairs on the other side as he drank from his bottle "because he's the prince, your required to meet him, you are technically apart of his council" Zalgo sighed as he handed Shadow a joint "have you taken your meds today?" he asked only for Shadow to shake his head "of course, when's the last time you took them?" Zalgo asked as he pulled two pots of pills from his pockets "a few years" Shadow shrugged as Zalgo handed him the pills "take them, now" he said as he sat back, Shadow sighed and took the pills and drank some of his food "happy now" he mumbled as he lit his joint and sat back "yes, please try not to drink to much tonight this is important" Zalgo sighed.