Chapter 37

Y/n hid in the trees by the flag listening to the distant gunfire, Shadow dropped down behind him scaring him "why you hiding over here?" Shadow asked with a large smile "protecting the flag" Y/n said as he looked back out as Shadow sat on his back and lay down running his hands over Y/n's upper arms feeling up the muscles "is Luci going to be in the same place?" Shadow asked as he sat up "if he's smart yes" Y/n said before feeling Shadow move off him and the leaves by him rustle before he was gone, Shadow jumped into the trees and sat still before aiming and shooting in the bush by the blue flag smiling when he got a loud gasp and groan of pain before he aimed at the branch behind him and shot hearing a squeak and a thud as Mikko fell to the floor, Shadow smiled and jumped down running over and grabbing the flag but fell to the floor as a blue paintball hit him in the head and Masky walked over smirking with the gun on his shoulder "arsehole" Shadow said as he stood up and wiped some of the blood off "yeah yeah go back to your spawn" Masky said as he picked the flag up and put it back as Shadow walked off.

Everyone walked off the pitch looking tired and most covered in red and blue paintballs as Shadow and Mikko chased each-other jumping from the trees "you have dinner planned right?" Jeff asked "yeah back at Shadows, drinks and a movie after to" Y/n said before he whistled and opened a portal watching as Shadow and Mikko ran through "well at least you trained him" Masky said as they all walked through to see the tables filled with all sorts of food, the boys all dropped their gear and ran over to the tables as Shadow, Y/n, Mikko and Luci sat at the table at the front, Shadow grabbed his cup and downed it before grabbing the bottle of vodka "don't get to wasted, I have something for you" Y/n said making Shadow look over as he took his mask off, Y/n smiled and stood up pulling Shadow up then caught the box Luci threw over to him "I know we talked about this, but it doesn't have to happen right away" Y/n said as everyone quieted down and looked over, Shadow tilted his head as Y/n got on one knee and opened the box showing the golden ring with the blood red diamond embedded in it "with that in mind, would you promise to marry me?" Y/n asked looking up at Shadow to see a small smile "yes" he said making Y/n smile and everyone cheer as Y/n put the ring on his finger and stood up pulling him into a kiss "so when's the wedding?" Jeff called, Shadow shook his head "sometime next year or after" Shadow said as he sat down.

After a few hours everyone was drunk and talking as Shadow and Mikko sat on the rafters watching and drinking "I thought you weren't ready for all this again?" Mikko said as he took a drink and watched Luci and Y/n play fighting "I thought I wasn't, but I don't mind this. its nice like a family" Shadow said, Mikko smiled and looked back down at Y/n and Luci who were now taking shots as everyone cheered "I've never had a family" Mikko said as he leaned on Shadow who wrapped his wing around Mikko "you do now" Shadow said as he pet Mikko's hair making him smile, Y/n looked up to the rafters to see Shadow and Mikko cuddling and drinking as they spoke "I think they're starting to calm down" Y/n said as Luci looked up "for once he doesn't look like he wants to kill anyone" Luci said as he took a drink from the bottle "that's because he's happy, come on we better get this movie started before everyone passes out" Y/n said before he whistled making Shadow look over as Mikko sat up "movie time, grab your drinks" Y/n called as he opened the door to the living room and everyone walked in, Shadow and Mikko jumped down and fell as they hit the floor with Mikko landing on Shadow "you two are so drunk" Y/n laughed as he helped Shadow up "maybe" Shadow said as he fell into Y/n and laughed, Y/n smiled and picked him up carrying him to the living room as Luci walked in with Mikko "what we watching?" Shadow asked as Y/n sat on the sofa and put Shadow on his lap as Luci sat on the other side doing the same with Mikko as the others were on the other sofa and the floor with blankets and pillows as others were in their pyjamas, Toby was cuddled to Masky and Jack and Hoodie were sitting on their own with blankets "where's ben and Jeff?" Mikko asked as whiskey walked over and lay over Hoodie letting him pet his head "they passed out ages ago" Y/n said as he turned the tv on and sat back "you sure they didn't just go off to fuck?" Hoodie said as he drank from his glass "you sure that's not what you need?" Shadow said with a smirk "I get it whenever I want" Hoodie huffed "oh yeah, how's your stripper boyfriend?" Shadow asked making Hoodie look over "how did you know?" Hoodie asked making Shadow smirk "wouldn't you like to know, its cakes right" Shadow said making Hoodie sigh and sit back "shut up and watch the movie" he said.

Shadow got up a bit later and looked around as everyone else was asleep except Mikko "where you going?" Mikko asked as he sat up "joint" Shadow said as he walked out, Mikko got up and followed "will you be staying after you get married?" Mikko asked as Shadow sat down in the grass "of course, if anything Y/n is moving in here properly" Shadow said as Mikko sat on Shadows lap and cuddled up to him, Shadow wrapped his wings around Mikko to keep him warm as a little snow started to fall "I hope things can stay this happy, I like having a family" Mikko said as he slowly started to fall asleep as Shadow smoked his joint, Luci walked out a bit later to see Shadow sitting against the house "you got Mikko?" he asked, Shadow opened his wings showing Mikko sleeping with his head on Shadows chest "you two do this a lot?" Luci asked, Shadow nodded "yes, why?" Shadow asked "normal people just don't cuddle or act like you two unless they're dating or related" Luci said as he picked Mikko up, Shadow shrugged as he stood up "its nothing like that, we aren't that complicated. we show our trust and affection rather then say it, like animals." Shadow said as he followed Luci in "oh, you two are literally feral animals, I thought it was because you two don't know how to act like normal people" Luci said "it is mostly that, but no. I'm psychopathic and schizophrenic and I don't like living things to much, so it makes it difficult to read a room and all the emotions around" Shadow said "ah, that's why, you just don't understand like Mikko" Luci said, Shadow nodded "also, don't fuck on my table again" Shadow said as he walked to the living room to get Y/n "noted" Luci mumbled as he carried Mikko back to his room.