CHAPTER SIX

Page count: 8

It had been a very long flight and after several naps, three meals, three trips to the bathroom and countless hours of Parrish asking Hermione questions and her answering them as honestly as she could, they'd finally touched down at Heathrow airport.

They'd both been a little sluggish after exiting the plane and as soon as they were able to, they both leaned against a wall in order to better stretch out their aching muscles. Hermione groaned when her back seemed to 'crack' and her neck did the same.

"That's better," she commented, rolling her shoulders and neck and then standing straight.

"What now?" He asked, following her towards their luggage, his eyes scanning the moving conveyer belt for his duffle bag and quickly snatching it up, as well as hers seeing as she couldn't reach with it being so far back.

"Thanks," she said, taking the bag from him. "Well, given that it's Sunday and we both need some actual sleep, we'll head straight to my apartment to do so and we'll go into the office early tomorrow morning, where you'll get the full story on Prodigium and you can see the evidence and reports for yourself, you may be able to pick up on something we've missed."

"Your apartment?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow and following her towards the exit point.

She looked at him over her shoulder, an amused look in her eyes and a smirk pulling at the corner of her mouth.

"Yes, Deputy, my apartment. Are you scared to be alone with me?" She teased and he felt goose bumps cover his arms at the way her eyes flashed amber for all but a second.

"No," he replied honestly. "Just wanted to make sure I'd heard you correctly."

"The Wizarding World is a dangerous place for someone such as yourself and we need to ensure your safety, and not only that, but accommodations are bloody expensive. You can actually buy a property cheaper than you can rent one and don't even get me started on hotel prices."

He snorted at her and the cold air of the early evening filled his lungs. He had assumed that people exaggerated about the weather regarding Britain, but upon seeing the grey clouded sky as an indication that rain would soon be falling, he understood they'd been right.

"I'll apparate us to my apartment seeing as it's in the Wizarding World. It's too far to drive given how tired I am and it'll cost quite a bit to get a taxi. With apparition I can have us there in a matter of minutes. So, I need you to prepare yourself."

"For what?" He asked, as she slipped into an alley way and out of sight.

"This will feel very strange. It won't hurt you, but it will make you feel dizzy and nauseous. I want you to close your eyes, relax your body and bend your knees ready for the landing."

Once he shut his eyes at her instruction to do so, he felt her step into him and her arm curl around his own, before a strange sensation took over him.

~000~000~000~

He landed on his feet and stumbled slightly and with her hold on him, Hermione steadied him.

"You alright?" She asked, concern in her voice.

He nodded and immediately regretted it as a dizzy spell hit him and he swayed slightly.

"Keep your eyes closed until it passes," she instructed and he allowed her to guide him until he felt something brush against his legs and she gently pushed him down until he was sitting on a soft leather cushion.

He heard her footsteps echoing and despite his curiosity to his surroundings, he kept his eyes closed and took steadying breaths, trying to fight off the nausea. Her footsteps alerted him to her return and he felt a glass of cold liquid being pressed into his hand. He took it from her slowly, not wanting to drop it and he took slow sips. The water helped to fight off the nausea and once the dizzy spell had finally passed, he slowly opened his eyes, immediately getting caught in the worried gaze that belonged to Hermione as she crouched down in front of hm.