Chapter Two - The Slip of Paper

The silence was deafening.

Moving your eyes, meeting the back of Konig's head to Ghost's silhouette, gun pointed straight in your direction. The cabin seemed suddenly a lot smaller than it was before.

Konig puts his hand on his knee but a grunt from Ghost put him to a pause.

"Do not fucking move."

Ghost muttered something into his radio as Konig put his hands behind his head and sighed heavily, turning his head back towards you. His eyes were full of hurt, of betrayal, of his heart being weighed down to his feet. Your eyebrows curve up slightly, he was getting to you. He voted for you to leave, don't feel remourse.

Ghost's boots then leave snowy footprints on the rotting wood, making his way over to you and offering his hand. You stand up and you both sit on the bench inside the cabin. You look down at Konig, who wasn't nearly as big now that you were standing. He looked up towards you, which caught Ghost's eye.

"How do you know Y/N?" he demanded with an aggressive tone, pistol at his head.

"They...they were with us." the brute stammered, catching Ghost with complete shock. His gun lowered slightly and his grip on your hand tightened slightly before turning to you.

"We weren't told that." he said sternly.

"I know, I'm sorry. I got framed and I just - I didn't want to associate anything with them anymore. I'm sorry." you explained briefly, a slight hitch in your throat caused your words to wobble. Guilt ran through your veins as your shoulders drop, letting a wince out. You feel both of the men's eyes on you, only leading your head to drop toward the ground.

You feel Ghost's arm moving around your torso and bringing you in, with you going to hug him back. Why wasn't he angry at you? He usually was angry at you - why is he kind now? You kept thinking why, but a question never slipped out your mouth. You heard the creak of floorboards as Konig stood up and slowly approached. Ghost's body jolted and you felt his chest vibrate.

"Don't take another step closer to them!" he growled, igniting a fuse inside the man which you weren't sure was going to be put out. Ghost let go gently and hopped off of the bench, comparing his size to Konig was vast.

"I've known them longer than you." the brute replied with spite, a slight jerk of his head as he tilted his chin up looking down at Ghost.

"At least I didn't frame them, causing them to completely vanish!"

"I didn't even suspect them of doing what they did! You don't even understand what happened - you won't understand! *Ich habe keine Ahnung, wie du glauben kannst, dass sie dir mehr am Herzen liegen als mir!"

*I have no idea how you could possibly think you care for them more than I ever did!

Ghost grabbed Konig's sniper hood. "You are so lucky that I didn't put that fucking bullet through your empty skull," he whispered menacingly, a hiss plastered into his words mixing with his British accent. "you are so lucky that Y/N was directly in front of you and I wouldn't want them to die just 'cause you would as well. Have you fucking got that?"

Your eyes widened in shock. You hadn't seen Ghost so angry. Especially for you.

You stood up and winced in pain slightly, which managed to get them to be quiet, before walking over to the two of the men and standing next to them, leaned against the nearby wall. They both turned to look at you. They fought within their strengths on who would say the next word. You filled that competition in.

"If it gets out that I'm in either teams to either base, I will disappear. And I will know." you begin, the dreading feeling you felt when you first vanished returning to you like an unwanted old friend.

"Wait, Y/N." Konig blurts, your eyes meeting with his. His eyes widen and he takes a step closer and bends down slightly. "I don't know if - if I can just let you go again. Ever since you left, it's been worse here. So much worse. I miss you; we miss you."

You shake your head slowly, the phrase "we miss you" echoing through your head.

"I'm sorry." is all you can mutter out. Ghost walks over and puts his arm protectively around your shoulders and looks at Konig with narrowed eyes. He then pulls you towards the doorway, but you could swear you felt a hand slip into your pocket for a split second.

You look back at Konig, seeing him stand up fully and have his hands by his side, unsure of what to do with himself. You and Ghost walk out together and begin the descend back home through the cold snow.

The journey was going to be long, so you both walked side by side. But the moment he bent down to tie his lace, curiosity got the best of you and your hands dived into your pockets to see if anything was put in there.

You find a foreign piece of paper against your fingertips and looking down at him struggling with his laces in the cold snow once more, you grab it and read it.

A phone number.

a/n: tysm for the support on the first chapter! more is coming, don't you worry <3