CHAPT. 8

𝗡𝗔𝗢𝗠𝗜

𝗧𝗵𝗲 look on Maxo face told me all I needed to know about David. I don't know what Iris saw in him and why she had a baby for him. "You don't think this kid is with someone David knows?"I ask Maxo who just played on his phone. He started to piss me off. It's like everything I say, he ignores me. "Maxo! Who the fuck have your attention?!"I yelled.

"Bruh shut the fuck up! Yo insecure ass always think I'm talking to somebody else other than you!"maxo barked back. Why I'm even here?! I already know Maxo has multiple girls tryna fuck on him but I still stick beside him.

"Ima just go home. You make me sick sometimes"I grab my hoebag packing up my dirty clothes and makeup bag.

I can feel Maxo eyes on me as he smacked his lips sighing heavily. "Babe don't fucking go. You know I don't mean that shit"Maxo settled his phone down next to him. "I just hate when you ask that dumb question every fucking time baby. I don't like nobody but you, why you think I'm still here"he snorted shaking his head.

"Why are you?"I questioned. "I just wanna know cause a some bitches be in my DMs more than yours telling me all your business"

"Like what?!"maxo stood up from out of bed pulling his boxers up. "Them bitches just mad cause I'm with you instead of them!"

"And I know why you with me instead of them!"I crowed getting all in his face. Maxo think he can outsmart me and use me but think again. "They told me you a broke ass nigga who went bankrupt! Thats why yo ass don't have that car no more! That fucking condo anymore! You ask half your friends for loans just to take them other bitches on dates!!"—"You know what..."I pause  for a second regaining my thoughts. I don't need this. I don't need him. "Ima need you to get the fuck out my house and go home Maxo"

"Gladly! You wasn't even allat anyways"Maxo grabbed his bag and keys walking out my bedroom. I felt 10 pounds lighter now this nigga walking out the door and out my life.

Me and Maxo been together since junior year in high school. He only liked me cause I would take him to school then back home. I was basically fallin in love with him but he only was using me. Didn't open my eyes till last week. I just kept him around to fuck on.

After Maxo left, I laid in bed watching tv as my phone rung indicating it was Iris since she have a distant ringtone.

I picked up the phone sighing once I answer. "Hello"bluntly roll out my mouth. I can hear noises in the background as Iris was fiddling with something.

"N-Naomi? I need you here with me. My mom caught a heart attack and I don't know if she's gonna make it"

Hearing that come from Iris made me wanna cry and scream for her. This girl can never get a break in life. "Okay I'm on my way! Just keep praying!"I hung up the phone quickly getting dress in a sleeve bomber shirt with my camouflage pants and my foam yeezy. I grab my purse and then my keys heading out the door.

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑[𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹]

I quickly paced myself to the emergency room seeing Iris crying to her family telling them what happened. "Iris I'm here"I hugged her tightly rocking back and forth crying with her. "What happened?"

"When I got ready for bed, Mrs.Hallow called me saying she heard my mother fall in the apartment. When the police came to see if she was okay, she was on the floor passed out. They did CPR once I got there and on her way here, she caught another heart attack. Now her heart is like not functioning properly"Iris cried in my arms.

Iris and her mother been through a lot. From Iris being bullied and sexually assaulted by David to her being pregnant and baby taken away and then Iris father leaving cause he wanted the baby to now Iris mother probably going to die.

All I can do, is be there for her.