Chapter 6 - From One Abyss to Another

Seokjin slowly sat at his desk.

He had gotten what he wanted.

Y/N was fired. She was not gonna work here anymore. Clearly she was begging for her job back, but the Chief seemed determined. It was probably all the emails. He had sent one too. Mentioning she was hard to work with and not good at her job.

It was at the beginning. Just after he sent the video to everyone. But the truth was. Y/N was actually very good at her job. She was really good at photography. And if she won awards for it, he wouldn't be surprised.

But at the peak of his hatred he has said all of those things. But he knew it wasn't just him. Many people had pounced on this opportunity and sent emails about her. And so the management must have told him he had to do it.

Finally. He had to admit. He felt bad for Y/N. And he also wished he hadn't sent the email. Sure he was relieved that he didn't have to see her face at work anymore. But he wished he didn't have such an integral role to play in it.

He felt a little ashamed that he had done it. He had no qualms all this while. But on seeing her gaunt face streaming tears and her entire body shaking in fear like that... He couldn't help feeling bad. But it was done now.

It was out of his hands. Maybe it was her fate. What could he do to stop it now?

*******

I couldn't contain my hands from trembling. I slowly put the last of my stuff into the box... Whatever was still in one piece. I couldn't stop the tears either.  But I didn't bother.

I saw Seungmin give me a look before he looked away. Well at least after all those years I was worth a look.

I made my way to the lift bay, trying to hold my bag and box with my trembling hands and knees. Seokjin joined me and he stood at the next lift. My lift came first and I got in.

I considered the buttons. My life was gonna plummet anyways. Might as well go up. I pressed the button for the roof.

*******

Seokjin watched her lift go up, confused. She should be heading home, why was she going up. He got into his lift and pressed the button to go down.

Whatever she decided, it was her decision. Nothing he could do about it.

'Hate her, but don't lose your humanity.' Yoongi's words rang in his head.

"Shit." he cursed as he pressed the button to the roof.

*******

I leaned on the railing, letting my tears stream as the wind buffeted my hair and tee. I sobbed and choked on air, unable to stop them. My whole body was shaking now. I clenched the railing tight, as I sobbed loudly.

"Are you gonna jump?" I heard Seokjin's voice.

I gasped and turned. I saw his annoyed face looking at me. I gulped and wiped my face and tried to hold the sobs in.

"You... You want me to?" I asked.

"Would you jump if I asked you to?" Seokjin asked.

I nodded.

"Jump." he said quietly.

I jumped where I stood. He rolled his eyes.

"What would you have done if I really jumped listening to you?" I scoffed, swallowing my sobs.

He shrugged.

"You'd be haunted by it forever." I said.

"So you didn't jump for me?" he scoffed.