Chapter 1 - Love Thy Neighbour Hate His Roommate

Seokjin looked at himself in the mirror. His tear-stained face reflected the humiliation and anger he felt. But he knew he was helpless. He hated himself for being here. He also hated the person who made him end up here. Everyday.

Just attending a day in school seemed like such a chore to him now. He wished he could tell his parents about it, but the thing with bullying is... it can get under your skin and make you fall more and more into an internal abyss. Sometimes you need a saviour to come pull you out of there.

But when a saviour doesn't come. Sometimes... you have to be the saviour yourself.

Dive into the abyss. Try not to get swept away by the endless depth of the downward spiral. Save yourself and come back to safer shores.

It's a long journey. But you're worth it.

*******

Y/N was dancing around with her earpods on, making breakfast for her and her roommate, who was currently giggling away at her phone. She smiled as she placed a waffle on her plate and took out one of her earpods, "Tell your Oppa I said hi." Y/N giggled and went back to the kitchen.

"He isn't just my Oppa now!" her best friend Amyrah called out.

"Ooh right, right... what is 'husband'? Ah right, Nampyeon!" Y/N called out from the kitchen.

She could hear Amyrah's excited giggle come from the living room. The sound made Y/N so happy. Ah the magic of love. Even if it isn't yours, just being around it makes you feel happy! She smiled as she closed the lid of the waffle maker, waiting for the next batch.

"The waffle's come out great by the way!" Amyrah called out.

"Duh." Y/N smirked to herself as she set her plate.

Being done with breakfast, both girls decided to get some wedding shopping done... after all, Amyrah was going to get married in just a few months.

Coming back with bags full of accessories and Y/N's bridesmaid dress, they stopped outside their apartment looking at the big mover's truck standing in the way.

"Is someone moving out or coming in?" Y/N asked.

"Looks like new renters. They're unloading the furniture." Amyrah said, honking the horn.

The truck driver came and apologised to them, asking them to use the other gate as they couldn't take the truck inside the complex.

"Argh. The stupid rules of this community. They pulled the same crap when we moved in." Y/N groaned.

"I know... the poor movers have to lift the furniture all the way to the lift now." Amyrah sighed.

"Which apartment is getting rented, you think?" Y/N asked.

"None of the ones in our building are free." Amyrah remarked.

Y/N hummed and nodded.

They went in through the back entrance and parked in their spot, going up to their apartment, only to find the lift was stuck. And so they had to take the stairs all 5 floors up.

"I swear. Whoever made the lift get stuck. I'm gonna kill 'em." Amyrah huffed as she struggled with the keys.

"Do you think we can leave the rest of the bags in the car? I don't wanna go down again." Y/N whined.

"Ugh, it's fine. I'll get them later." Amyrah heaved as she finally got the door open.

Both of them stumbled into their apartments and flopped on the sofa. "Ugh, I think I don't have to work out for another 10 years." Y/N complained.