Part 4

The next day you felt terrible for how you treated Alastor. You're usually fine with being rude to people, but he had done nothing wrong. You decided to try and make it up to him. So, you called Lucifer. You had run into him a while back and became great friends since then.

Once Lucifer arrived you quickly brought him up to your room before anyone could see him. You didn't want everyone knowing about your plan! "L-Luci i have a big favor to ask... I really messed up the other day and might have insulted my friend..." you said, the remorse in your voice made him concerned. "can you help me get him a gift to make up for it? I don't know what he likes..." "OOH! HOW ABOUT A RUBBER DUCK!!" he says happily but you shoot him down. "i was thinking something more personal. It's uhm... the Radio demon...?" his smile immediately vanished. "Why would you want to give that... thing a gift? he kinda sucks." you glared at him and he backs down, before bringing you to the store.

Heads turned at the sight of the king of hell hanging out with some random demon, but you guys didn't mind and just kept walking. "So, basically he shook my hand when we first met which made me uncomfortable, so he surprised me with a huge pile of stuffed animals." Lucifer looked shocked. "that weirdo can be nice?!" You once again just glared at him. Eventually you guys ended up at Vox's biggest shop. "So basically, i want to set this place on fire." Lucifer looked at you confused before you explain that Alastor hates electronics and media, and just Vox in general. After a LOT of begging he set the place on fire. His only demand was that you came over and made rubber ducks with him every Friday for a year. That part kinda annoyed you but it was worth it!

You immediately ran back to the hotel and dragged Alastor to the shop, to which he seemed surprised. "You really did this? Why, i haven't been this entertained in a good while!" You smiled up at him and handed him the gift you bought before you called Lucifer. It was a perfect red suit, much like the one he was wearing, but it was covered in black and red stripes. He seemed to give you a smile, but unlike his usual one it was genuine. Sweet, even.

You both were about to go back to the hotel before he tells you that he needs to make a quick stop in cannibal town. You asked to go with him, you didn't really know why but you just wanted to be closer to him. He agreed and introduced you to a woman named Rosie. For some reason, when Rosie and Alastor talked and danced around you felt a sting in your chest. It felt wrong, like it was supposed to be you dancing with him.

You just brushed it off and continued introducing yourself to Rosie. She seemed so sweet and fun, but for some reason that you couldn't figure out you just didn't like her. Eventually she pulled you aside and begins pestering you about how you looked at Alastor. She seemed excited that her old friend was finally in love, but you told her you were just friends.

It hurt calling him your friend, but you didn't know why. Eventually she just started talking about Alastor and you would blush at some facts about him, making her continue on hoping you would just realize you liked him. But you didn't. You had never fallen in love before, so you didn't know what it felt like. You didn't realize that this was it. This was love.

Sorry this one was a bit short but i have been working on school a LOT so i can get my high school credits up.

(657 words)