Temptation

I swear it wasn't my intention. I swear I wanted to be calm.
     I was cloud searching when Jake said his hair was bothering him, just a simple thing to do when your hair bothers you is put it up, right? 

     Well...

     I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm watching him pick it up while grabbing the hair tie with his teeth. I look at him fascinated doing something everyday. I've seen a lot of guys do it, but... Him? I don't know what's wrong with me that I see him do it and my body doesn't react.

     My hands shake when I see how his fingers run through his hair and he has some loosely loose on his forehead. I look at his neck, it is wide and quite pale, from not having sunbathed. I watch as even his jaw tenses as he concentrates on a simple action.
     My eyes don't leave him and it crosses my mind what would happen if I approached him and gave him a small kiss on the neck, then moved up to his lips. Would he get nervous? Would he reject me? My throat goes dry as I imagine the things I would like to do with him right now.

   "Macie?" Jake's voice wakes me up and I see that he has finished putting his hair up "Are you okay? Are you sick?"

   "What? Why?" I ask confused.

   "Because your face is red."

     I put my hand up to my face and notice that it's burning. Ah, shit! What a shame!
     I turn my face, focusing on my phone again. I don't want him to think that I'm thinking about him and kissing him.

   "I-I'm fine, it's nothing," I answer quickly, stuttering.

   <<Stuttering? Me? How is it possible?>>

    I see one of those sports bottles appear in front of me, and I stare at it without moving a millimeter.

   "Here, drink," Jake tells me, placing the bottle on the table as he leans next to me.

     With a little nervousness, I take the object and unscrew the lid, and drink as if my life depended on it.
     When I finish, I breathe a big sigh of relief. I'm better now.

   "You have water on your face..." Jake puts his hand to my corner, speaking to me in the same way a mother does. Annoying.

     Slowly he wipes me with his thumb and we stare at each other. A mental image that is not too pure appears in my mind when I have him so close. His green eyes shine.
     My breath stops again.
     Jake stays with his hand on my face for a few seconds, until I see that he begins to realice what he is doing and also turns red.
     He moves away quickly, grabbing the bottle and drinking fast.
     I cross my arms, arching an eyebrow.

   "The fever, right?" I ask him with a small laugh.

   "Yes, the fever," he finishes drinking, also releasing heavy air into his chest.

     We both look at each other again and laugh at the situation.
     I don't know how long our cooperation will last, but I hope that after we find Hannah, we can continue this way.