Don't tell anyone

"I swear if you tell anyone, you won't see a day after tomorrow. Do you hear me?!" Yes Mum" I whimper as she slaps me across my bare face with a full steamed iron. "Good" she shouted "Now get out you Foolish Unwanted Joy-breaker" I left crying, if I hadn't put on my jumper earlier, I would have left to school naked. My mum has just been telling me why dad wasn't coming back for the whole month and how I was accident.  She has always been searching for adoption papers since my first birthday.

I'm on my way to school, and I keep turning around after hearing the sound of cigars and gun shoots. I am freezing cold and my pants cling on to me showing the baseline of my buns for the whole world to see. My torn small jumpers sleeve only reaches up to my elbow and is covered in blood stains and tears. Coming home from school is another problem because there is no food to feed me with and sometimes no mother to bring me in, so I stay outside in the cold practically naked.

My belly cries as I walk to school bare footed. My feet are swollen and pale because of the hardened concrete and the messy floor that surrounds me at home. I am finally at school and hear the continuous sound of the irritating bells as the roaring crowed scatters into each classroom as I fling my head down to consume the embarrassment. I casually walk in to class trying not to draw any notice.