03.

June 18th 2023

June 18th 2023

📍Washington, D.C.

"She drives a G Wag, man..." I mentioned to my teammate, Jared, sinking another three-pointer during practice. The memory of this morning's awkward elevator encounter lingered in my mind, and as if on cue, I had watched Selene head to her car in the garage—an impressive Black G Wagon. I wasn't trying to be on some stalker shit, but there was a feeling that I knew her from somewhere. Shit just wasn't clicking, and it left me wondering.

"Why try to fw her see what's good?" Jared suggests, passin' me the ball. "If you feeling her, make a move, bro."

"Nah, man. I ain't lookin' for nothing serious. She don't give me fuck buddy. I don't even think she knows who I am fr. I asked her if she was a groupie, she denied. I can't figure her out." I said, passing the ball back to complete the play.

Jared cracks up, "You  asked her if she a groupie? That is fucking insane work. I'd never talk to you again "

I nod, "Yeah I'm have to apologize then Imma get around to her, maybe she'll loosen up you know?" I don't even think she willing to be around me but I'll try anyways. She wasn't the easy type I could by her reaction to my groupie question. It definitely offended her.

"Nah, bro, but frl what you doing this weekend?" Jared asks, passing me the ball. My mom is gonna be here all weekend to help me decorate and shit. I was supposed to go pick up some things she ordered today, but I forgot where I was going.

"Man, I'm booked all weekend. My moms in town, she's tryna do all this to help me get settled. I don't know if I'll be doing anything more than watching her run around and spend money," I reply, taking a moment to dribble the ball. "She's got me on a mission to find some decorations, and I can't even remember the all of the stores names she wanted to go." Another 3.

Jared chuckles, "Good Luck Bro, you better figure that out. "

"Yeah, tell me about it. It's gonna be a weekend full of furniture shopping and a lecture or two about adulting," I say, shooting another 3. "But hey, at least the place will look good when she's done with it. Man, I gotta pick up a welcome gift for her, but I have no clue what to get."

Jared pauses, his expression turning sly. "Man, I usually snag my girl some pieces from Astre Couture. Their stuff is got all the girls going crazy. I'm talking resell prices pushing 20k just for some dresses and purses. And Nia starts talking all kinds of crazy, you know? Talking bout she got something for me tonight" He smirks, shaking his head with a playful chuckle, then gets back to shooting his three. This nigga acting like I'm about to get my mom something that has his girl bout to fuck him.