Chapter 6: I'll be Fine if I Can Breathe

Luke's POV

I feel bad for leaving Cassie the way that I did, but I've already said way too much about the situation we're in. None of us are allowed to talk about why we moved here. I wish I could, but that wouldn't make hiding out easy.

Being in this stupid band has ruined my life ever since I started it. I just wanted to make music with the people that I call my friends, not have to move across the world because my education is being compromised.

I take in a few deep breaths before heading back to my room to apologize to Cassie. When I open the door, I'm shocked to see that the room is completely empty and the clothes I gave her to wear neatly folded on the bed.

I look over and see my curtains moving. I walk over to the window and move the curtain to see the window is wide open. I hear my door open and I turn around, hoping to see Cassie, but I'm met with Calum instead.

"She wanted me to tell you that she's sorry. She feels bad for leaving like that, but she said it was an emergency and she had to go. I came up here because Liz is screaming at us to get going or we're gonna be late."

"Are you sure that's the whole reason why she left?" I ask him.

"Look, we'll talk about it later. Just grab your stuff before your mom gets even more angry with us." He walks away and I grab my stuff, heading downstairs to meet everyone.

We eventually leave the house, but the only thing on my mind is Cassie. When I left, she seemed fine, but the next minute, she's climbing out of my window like she never wants to see me again.

"Are you okay?" Asks Kenzie. I just nod my head and keep looking out the window as Ashton drives.

When we get to school, I hope to see Cassie there, but as time goes on, she's nowhere to be seen. We get together for lunch and as we sit down Aria and Evelyn come up to us. They sit down and Aria's eyes stare daggers into mine.

"Is something wrong?" Asks Michael.

"I don't know, ask your friend." Aria says, her gaze never leaving mine.

"He didn't do anything." Calum speaks, not very loudly, but he still spoke. This makes Aria break her stare and look at him now. "I walked into Luke's room looking for him and I saw her in there. She was looking at her phone and looked upset. I'm not sure what happened, but I know it wasn't Luke because he wasn't there and she wanted to apologize to him. Don't blame someone you don't even know." He says, the most I've heard him talk since we got here.

"I just thought that since we haven't heard from her that maybe you did something to her. She told me that she was gonna be coming to school with you guys and then she never showed up." Aria confesses.

"Wait, so no one has seen her since she left this morning?" I ask.

"I guess not." Evelyn says. "I'll go over to her house after school to make sure she's okay."

"Maybe I should go too. I want to talk to her about some stuff." I say. I see Ashton shoot a glance my way, but I'm sick of lying to everyone. I want to be honest for the first time in a long time.

"How about we all go?" Kenzie asks, "I mean, she has to know that there's people who like her 'cause as much as I hate this place, she's pretty cool."

"Won't she feel ambushed?" Ashton says.

"We aren't giving her an intervention, we're just checking up on her. It's weird that no one's heard from her since she left." Calum says. "I think it's a good idea."

"Then we're in agreement, we're all going." I say.