Trust Me

Virat was waiting for Rohit in their regular café. Tapping on his fingers to pass the time, His anxiety was kicking in as time passes. After all they had a huge fight the other day. "Ugh I hate this man. He's always late like this." He groaned in annoyance. One of the waiter came to him. "Sir, do you want to order anything? or are you gonna wait?" He asked. 

"Ah.. I'll wait for some min-" "No need, please bring our regular order." Rohit chirped in between them, while sitting in front of Virat. The waiter went to take their orders. "I'm sorry darling. Thoda late toh chalta hai meri jaan." Rohit plead for forgiveness. 

"Don't call me with those lovely, dovely names Ro." Virat rolled his eyes. "But wait. Didn't you stopped calling me with this names long ago?? Like when you proposed Ritika and she accepted your proposal, your nicknames for me kept fading until you completely stopped. The only nickname you call me with this days is Vi, nothing more." Virat raised his brow, waiting for an answer for his long ass question. 

"Huhh?? wait I didn't notice. I... I called you randomly. I swear... I don't have any intension." Rohit swear on his life. He also was confused with his behaviour. "Stop stuttering Ro. I know you don't have any intensions." He whispered last part "You never ever had before." 

"What was that? What did you said??" Rohit asked. "Nothing. Look our order has arrived." Virat pointed towards the waiter, dragging Rohit's attention. They started having their breakfast, with unbearable silence between them. 

"I wanted to say something." both of them spoke at the same time, and chuckled left both of their mouth. "You go first." Virat said. "Nah... My lady is first." Rohit joked. "Rohit you're getting on my nerves. You're acting like that old Rohit, whom I like-" Virat stopped before he could get exposed. 

"Whom you like the most??" Rohit completed his sentence, which made Virat's cheeks go crimson in embarrassment. "W... What were you saying?" Virat stuttered out. "Umm... I'm confused Vi. I don't know what is happening in my life. Yesterday in my son's birthday party all that bullshit happened. And today my son is saying me that he want to become a cricketer." Rohit quickly changed the topic before it gets overboard. 

"That's a great thing Ro. There's nothing wrong in being a cricketer. Let him follow his dreams, and don't ever try to cut his wings." Virat was right, Rohit shouldn't be opposing his son. But the reason behind his opposition is different. "Vi, listen I'm not opposing my son. It... it's that... umm.. I don't know how to tell you. It's totally embarrassing." Rohit stuttered out. "There's nothing embarrassing about you for me, you know that Ro." 

Rohit knows that his best friend won't judge him in any ways. In fact he'll be his biggest supporter in every way possible. But He didn't wanted to tell anyone that his son is gay and on top of that his own son is in love with his own brother. This is totally shameful for him.

"Umm... I didn't wanted to tell anyone but my... my son likes a person with s.. same gender." Rohit stuttered out confession. There was a perfect silence for whole minute, before Virat took his best friends hand in his own and gently caressed on smooth skin. 

"Look, you have to be open minded Rohit. This is what going on in the world right now, you have to accept it Ro." Virat tried his best to not to hurt his best friend with any improper word, cause all this things are uncomfortable for Rohit. He is grown up in a homophobic family. Obviously there's nothing wrong in being homophobic in India. Same sex marriage is prohibited, even though people are trying to come out, but its not totally accepted yet

"I... I don't know, what the actual fuck is happening. This is insane Vi." "What the fuck is insane Ro?? Your son loves someone, such a beautiful thing it is. And I should be proud of him that in this young age, and his father being a biggest homophobe, he told you that he loves someone with same gender, basically he told his homophobic dad that he's Gay." Rohit could see the proudness on Virat's face. He looked down at their tangled hands before speaking.