Mirage X N - Serenade and Racism

Somewhere on Earth, a giant weight was lifted off the shoulders of "The Prettiest Girl in Town". 

Mirage: "Well I'll be damned. Guess you got a good head on your shoulders after all. Hell, I'm impressed." 

Mirage takes a sigh of relief, the first one she's had in a while. 

Mirage: "Man..."Mirage: "I feel like I've just shed the weight of the world off my back. Or rather, you've done that for me. And honestly, from the bottom of my heart..." 
Mirage: "Thank you."
N: "Eh, it's not really a big deal and all.. Glad I could help, buddy!" 

Mirage smiles cheerfully at N

Mirage: "Say... We're already way too late for school and it's become quite clear by now that nobody's going to come lead us there, so how about you and I ditch that passion-draining penitentiary and go grab something to eat, eh?" 

 N: "Well I AM late... Sure, I love doing anything! Just hope J doesn't get mad at me for skipping school today.." 

Mirage: "C'mon! Wasn't it you who said those inspiring things back then? Stop worrying about those things and let's go!" 

Mirage then grabs N by the arm, as they venture off to simply enjoy the day. 

 Meanwhile at school, J and V worry about N, as he's still not present. 

J: "Where the hell is that moron?! It's already past 7! The school's gonna dock his attendance record at this point!"
V: "Maybe he's just running a bit late. Have a little faith in him, J."
J: "Sorry, pal. My faith is all dried up right now." 

Uzi enters the classroom.

Uzi: "Hey, you two."
V: "Sup, shortstuff."
J: "Ah, the toaster. Surprised you didn't trip and break your visor on the way here."
Uzi: "Well, I'm surprised you can still form a cohesive sentence with your slur-filled brain."

Uzi sets her bag down in her seat, which was right next to J, V, and N's seats.

Uzi: "Oh right, where's N?"
V: "Running late, we assume."
Uzi: "That's odd. He's usually never late. What gives?"
J: "Tardy-pants must've got tired from helping Cyn with her homework and slept in."
Uzi: "Well, whatever the reason is, he has to hurry up. I just saw Mr. White down the hall and he is NOT happy about our grades. N being late is just gonna add on top of that."

The school bell rings, signaling the start of class.

V: "Aaaannnd he's late."

J sighs, as she puts her palm on her face.

J: "God damn it. Is that guy really skipping class today?"

Uzi: "You know what, let's get back to this later. My head's already sore as is."

J, V, and Uzi go to their respective seats to sit down. Uzi gazes outside the window.

Uzi: "Where are you, N?"

N and Mirage were in a diner, ordering food to fill their breakfast-deprived fuel tanks.

Mirage: "I'll have a Combo Box #3, with uh, extra blood. N, what do you want?
N: "Oh, I'll have the Kids Meal #2! Extra oil please!

A Mindflayer waitress writes down their orders in a notepad in her hand. 

Waitress: "Understood, please wait for your order to be completed."