𝟖. 𝐇𝐚𝐦𝐳𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐙𝐚𝐡𝐫𝐚

I shut my locker door with a slam, cringing at the loud sound. Oops.

It is fairly quiet on this Tuesday morning. It is the first period, but I don't have a class until the second period, hence the silence and lack of people in the hallways.

I lean on my locker and grab my phone out of my abaya pocket to check my messages. I know, right? Abaya pockets are the best thing that has happened to me. Ever.

I can't wait to model them to Afifa later on.

Speaking of...

Six messages from Meri Noor 

(My light)

Zahra, I'm setting off now from home.

I feel like I've not seen you in years :(((

Living with just boys is the worst!!! I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy... that's how bad living with them is!

Zahra Jaanuuuu (Loveeee). Please...pretty please...could you buy me a muffin?>3

I COULDN'T EVEN HAVE A PROPER BREAKFAST THIS MORNING BECAUSE OF THEM!!!

Zahra, you love me, don't you? If you do, please give me a muffin.

I chuckle at Afifa's grand theatrics. She's so dramatic. She sent her last message 3 minutes ago. I check the time to see it's now 09:11. She should be here in a couple of minutes, giving me plenty of time to get the princess her precious muffin.

Pocketing my phone, I make my way to the cafeteria. The greatest thing about our sixth form is that the cafeteria is open all day. Since everyone has lessons at different times, and some people do extracurriculars at lunchtime, it makes sense for the cafeteria to be available to buy food all day. I can grab a snack whenever I want, and the food choices are fairly decent as well. 

So, a win-win for all!

As I enter the cafeteria, I see only one person inside. He has his back facing me, and his hoodie covers his face. Ignoring the guy, I make my way to the empty queue and scour the food options for the muffin Afifa normally likes.

I pick up a chocolate chip muffin, but I still not long after. It crosses my mind to get two muffins. She is pretty hungry, it seems, and a hungry Afifa won't be good for anyone. She quite literally turns into a horror character when she has no food in her stomach.

I shudder. That settles it. I'll buy two muffins for good measure.

I wait at the till for the lunch lady to notice me. Some noise comes from the store room, letting me know she's probably busy doing something.

I stand patiently, but eventually, my mind drifts to yesterday's events. Seeing Hassan sitting in my living room was a massive shock to me. Not long after, they all left. And not once did I feel him give me as much as a glance.

I was relieved because I had no idea how I'd explain our relationship if he did give me attention—not that we have a relationship anyway. But if he acted familiar with me, he would've made things difficult for me in front of my dad, so I'm happy he didn't pay any attention to me.

When they left yesterday, I was still confused as to why he was even there. Hania ended up telling me Hassan and Zeeshan are brothers! Yes, I know! Shocking. But it does make sense since the two boys looked crazy alike. 

Also, yes, I did end up finding out the prospective groom's name. 

Zeeshan.