༄1.08༄

Diane sat outside the doctor's house watching her captain and the villagers stared at her. "Captain." She mumbles. Meliodas, lay on the bed with his wounds bandaged and a cloth on his forehead, Elizabeth knelt beside the bed and Seraphina sat on the floor quietly fixing Meliodas' scabbard. The doctor gave Meliodas a concoction to drink and Seraphina's heart palpitates again making her clutch her chest. 'What's happening?' She wonders "This medicinal blend is my own special concoction. I guarantee it will ease his suffering." The doctor tells them. "Thank you for seeing him, Dr. Dana." Elizabeth tells him. "Based on his injuries, it's a miracle that he's still alive. In addition to the rather deep sword wound, he has burns as if he were stuck by lightning." Dr. Dana notes. "How did a child get these?" He asks. Once the doctor left, Seraphina went over to Meliodas and rinsed the cloth. "It's because of me." Elizabeth says. "Huh?" Hawk looks at her confused.

 "I said that I wanted to stop the Holy Knights. That's what led him to look for the Seven Deadly Sins. And caused this." Elizabeth says, tearing up. Seraphina wrung the cloth and placed it back on Meliodas' forehead. "Meliodas." Seraphina looks down at him with a frown. "You were always the one helping me and yet I couldn't help you once." She mumbles and a tear runs down her cheek and lands on his face. What they didn't notice was the gold swirls that appeared on Meliodas' face briefly. "Lady Seraphina?" Elizabeth turns to her. "Easy there, you two." Hawk tells them. "I'm sorry." Elizabeth wipes her eyes. "Get well soon." Seraphina whispers, leaning closer to Meliodas and placing a kiss on his cheek. "What are we supposed to do now?" Hawk asks. "Maybe we should just stay here until he wakes up. We'll go to Baste Prison later." Elizabeth suggests.

 "I'm gonna start heading in that direction right now." Diane announces. "Once the Captain wakes up, I'm pretty sure he'll wanna go there right away and not waste any more time." Diane stands up. "But I can't let him do that 'till I know all his wounds have healed." She tells them and walks away. "Miss Diane! Hold on, I'll join you!" Seraphina shouts, chasing the Giantess along with Elizabeth and Hawk. "I don't want you getting underfoot." Diane dismisses her. "What?" Seraphina asks.

"I mean just look at that tiny body and those skinny arms. What could you possibly do to help me?" Diane asks, making Seraphina frown and wrap her arms around herself. "The only things you're good for are changing the washcloth you put on the Captain's head and being his little nursemaid." Diane insults, angering Hawk. "Is that any way to talk to her?" Hawk asks. "Just cause she can't throw people around and shake the ground when she walks doesn't mean she's no good, come on!" He yells, making Diane glare at him and he screeches. "Lady Seraphina." Elizabeth looks at the girl sympathetically. "You think I didn't want to help him? He's hurt and I can't do anything about it. I've always gotten myself in trouble and yet for my sake he..." Seraphina's cut off but Diane stomped her foot. "Now don't kid yourself! It's not like the Captain risks everything for you!" Diane yells making Elizabeth and Seraphina gasp. "He's like that, always was... It's who he is, trust me, I should know." Diane tells her. "Wait, what do you mean?" Elizabeth asks. 

"It was back when I left my hometown and started traveling on my own. I got into some stupid argument with some knights along the way." Diane recalls the day she met Meliodas. "That was the first time in my life that anybody ever asked me if I was scared. And he said that to a girl who was so much bigger than he was too. I can still remember it so clearly. It was something I'd never experienced before. I felt exactly the same size as the boy standing next to me. I know it wasn't true. But for a moment I let myself believe that." Diane shares. "I'll never be as small as you or the Princess. Or as dainty. I can't fit in that building, so I can't even tend to the Captain's injuries. But there's one thing I can do for him... fight with everything I have. That's about it." She tells them. "As for me, I wish I had the power to fight the Holy Knights. A power to call my own so I can save my loved ones." Elizabeth confesses and Diane twirls her hair. "I wish... I could be small like you two." Diane says. "Lady Diane." Elizabeth mumbles. Something catches their attention in the distance.

 "What's that?" Seraphina asks, referring to the dark cloud heading to the village. "It's coming from Baste Prison." Diane notes. "You think maybe, a storm's coming?" Elizabeth asks. "Don't tell me it's that guy again." Hawk sweats. "Stormclouds don't buzz." Seraphina tells them. "It can't be." Elizabeth asks. "Are those... insects?" Seraphina asks with wide eyes. "Even worse! It's a huge swarm of poisonous insects!" Hawk shouts. The insects spit acid melting everything it touches and the villagers evacuate. "Could this be an attack from Baste Prison?" Elizabeth asks as she, Seraphina, and Hawk run for shelter. Seraphina yelps when a bug flies close to her. "That means a Holy Knight's behind this." Hawk says. "Diane! We're gonna leave these guys to you!" Haw tells the Sin, who stood still. "Bugs are the one thing I can't stand!" Diane screams. "What?" The trio shout in unison. Hawk, Elizabeth, and Seraphina hide under a bridge. "Not good. They're gonna wipe out the whole town at this rate." Hawk says. 

Elizabeth and Seraphina turn to the doctor's house. "Meliodas." Seraphina whispers. Elizabeth takes off in the house's direction. "Elizabeth, wait!" Hawk calls. "Elizabeth!" Seraphina chases her with Hawk following. The bugs stop spitting on the town and head straight for Elizabeth. Diane slams her hand on the ground. "I might hate bugs, but if it means helping the Captain, I won't let anything get in my way!" She shouts and pillars erupt from the ground and squash the bugs. "Is this Lady Diane's power?" Elizabeth asks staring at the pillars and Seraphina and Hawk run up to her. "She took out all the bugs. So amazing!" Seraphina beams, silently. "Now bring it on. I'll squash every last one of those things." Diane says, cracking her knuckles. "Hey, teach me how to do that trick of yours!" Hawk runs up to Diane, who crouches and gets blown away when she leaps away from him and out of the village. "Now look after the Captain! Got it, you two?" Diane tells them and runs to Baste Prison, blowing dust in their faces. "Okay!" Seraphina shouts.

༄✩༄✩༄✩༄✩༄✩༄✩༄

The trio went back to the doctor's house to check on Meliodas. "Can you believe this guy is still out cold even after all that racket outside?" Hawk asks. "Yes, it's surprising." Seraphina replies, continuing on with patching up Meliodas' scabbard, and looks at the door after the doctor knocks. "Just checking on how our patient's doing." Dr. Dana tells them. "Better, thanks to you. That medicine of yours seems to have him sleeping well. Quite well." Elizabeth replies. "Yeah, it's almost like he's dead or something." Hawk says, this makes Seraphina drop what she was holding and turn to Hawk. "Don't say such things!" She tells him. "In fact... it's quite accurate." Dr. Dana says, making them turn to him. "Doctor, you've done well. It appears you were successful in your task." A masculine voice says, shocking the trio. "What the?" "Is someone there?" Hawk and Elizabeth question.

 "Belladonna, Spanish fly, nightshade, and henbane were all ingredients that I used to create the poison. My condolences, but this boy will never wake up again." Dr. Dana shares. "You poisoned him?" Seraphina asks. "Even with our great power, we knew it would be impossible to face a member of the Seven Deadly Sins and emerge unscathed." The same voice says, and Hawk looks around frantically. "Besides, the kingdom made it clear we could use any means necessary." He continues, and Seraphina takes a step closer to Elizabeth. "Who are you?" Seraphina asks. "Show yourself right now!" Elizabeth demands. "It's a pleasure to meet you." The man says, appearing between the girls and Dr. Dana. "I am the Holy Knight Golgius, a member of the Weird Fangs." Golgius introduces himself. "A Holy Knight!" Elizabeth repeats. "What the heck? When did he..." Hawk trails off. "Princess Elizabeth. Whichever one you are. I have come to take you back to the Kingdom of Liones." Golgius bows to both girls.