1 - Nancy

There is a very good chance I might be murdered tonight.

I'm not even halfway down the shockingly dimly lit block towards the Kinley's house. You would assume that a town with a history like Auburn Grove's would invest in making It less of a potential hunting ground for knife-wielding psychos.

Maybe some better lighting or even street cameras? Not a chance.

It would be horrifically poetic though if tonight of all nights I was the next name plaqued on the school's monument, just like the others.

I can't think like that. Not this soon at least when I still have the rest of the night to get through. Still, my anxiety gains momentum, my legs instinctively picking up speed and my eyes unblinking, on alert for the slightest movement in the shadows between houses.

My phone buzzes as I reach the Kinley's thankfully very well-lit driveway. I just about jump out of my own skin. The first rule we all agreed upon is to never answer an unknown caller, especially when working. It truly is the first sign of an impending workplace hazard.

Bless caller ID, it's just Reagan. I answer quickly. "Hey, I'm just getting here I'll call you back shortly."

"All good."

That easily could have been done over text, but our proof of life rule dictates verbal confirmation. You can never truly trust text messages.

I shove my phone into my back pocket and take the steps up towards my possible doom. With a quick knock on the door, I take two steps back, just in case it opens to an ambush. This all seems like a lot, but it comes with the territory of having the most dangerous job in town.

Mrs. Kinley swings the door open. "Nancy! Thanks for coming to babysit, you're a lifesaver!"