Chapter 2

Emma was trying to focus on putting the books back on the rack, in the appropriate places, but with someone watching her, she blushed pink in her face.

"What is he doing watching me," she mumbled to herself.

Then she goes to get off the ladder, like always. However, this time, on the last step, her heel caught the back of it, and she tripped, falling face forward onto the floor below her. Only, she did not feel anything hard when she fell. In fact, it felt as if she was on something comfortable. Looking up, she saw that the handsome man with blonde hair and blue eyes was looking down at her.

"You okay there, doll," asked Steve to Ella, who was blushing red in her face.

"Uh, yeah, I am. Th...thank you," she stuttered, smiling softly.

At this time, Steve helped Emma up to her feet, smiling down at her.

"So, doll, you got a name or shall I keep calling you doll," asked Steve, looking down at the beautiful woman.

"It's Emma. Emma Rose Donoghue," she stated, with her eyes looking up at his beautiful blues.

"Pleasure to meet you Emma, I am Steve Rogers, but I am known as," as he goes to finish, Emma rebukes.

"You're known as Captain America," she finished his sentence. "I know who you are Captain," she added, grinning up at him.

"Then perhaps, Emma, would you like to have dinner with me sometime this week," he asked, trying to be charming.

"What makes you think I am single," she teased him.

"I don't see a ring on your finger," he responded in return.

After getting out a piece of paper, she writes down her number and extending her palm out to him, with a grin.

"You're welcome to text or call me, handsome," Emma stated, then she walked to another rack of shelves.

Emma went about her day, getting her work done and helping the patrons in the library. However, it seems as though the two men from earlier were still there. She rolled her eyes in frustration.