2023 Christmas Special - A Christmas Monster

"Sannie, hurry up please!" Seonghwa called as he leaned against the stairway rails, waiting for the last of the members to appear.

The other six were all shuffling about the living room as they piled on their coats and scarves. Jongho was complaining about a mysterious hole in his scarf that he had only just bought three days prior, while Wooyoung was smiling quite proudly over the fact that his identical scarf's hole had mysteriously disappeared.

"Yunho, was he even awake when you came down?" Seonghwa wanted to know, turning to look to his tall dongsaeng that was helping adjust Mingi's coat collar.

"Yeah, he was awake, hyung. But he didn't look like he had any intention of getting up though."

Seonghwa sighed. He couldn't really blame San. It was hard for everyone in this industry to get through this time of the year. To them, Christmas time was just another work week.

Ateez had spent the last several weeks working on a Christmas song, and while it had already been released early that morning on Christmas Eve, now they were going to the company to do a Christmas Eve live and thank their fans for the views it had already collected, and to wish the fans a Merry Christmas. Afterwards they had to do a small Christmas photoshoot. 

And while they would have a bit of a break on Christmas Day, they couldn't go home to their families as they had a hectic schedule on Boxing Day. The company had decided to do a Boxing Day special with a series of fan calls, and a mini fan meet where the members would gift the winning fans a small gift of some Ateez merch.

But although the Ateez members genuinely loved their fans, the reality was that they were extremely tired and wanted nothing more than to be home with their families. And that was not even to mention the difficult year they had had, and all the hardships they had struggled through.

Glancing at Hongjoong and seeing the leader looked extremely exhausted and stressed, Seonghwa let out a soft sigh, before heading up the stairs. He tapped lightly against San's bedroom door and then let himself in.

San wasn't on his bed anymore, but he wasn't exactly up either. Instead, he was sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of his wardrobe, as he stared dismally at all his clothes.

"San, what are you doing?" Seonghwa exclaimed in a scolding tone as he rushed over. "We are supposed to be leaving now. And you are not even dressed?"

San didn't even look at his eldest hyung. He just blinked sleepily as he continued to stare ahead.

Seonghwa let out of frustrated huff of air and began ruffling through the clothes. He picked out a red shirt and a black pair of jeans and dumped them right into San's lap.

"I'm not going to dress you, San. So, hurry up please."

San rolled his eyes and pushed himself up to his feet. "I don't see why we have to do a live," he grumbled out loud. "We could have just filmed a video several weeks ago and released it today."

"That was because we are also going to talk about the song we just released," Seonghwa explained patiently, although he was a little upset with San's attitude. "And we wouldn't have been able to know how many views we would get."

"Well, then we could have waited another week, or maybe you and Hongjoong-hyung shouldn't have had the stupid idea of making a damn Christmas song."

"San!" Seonghwa admonished in a shocked voice, glancing nervously towards the door that was slightly open. "I know you are tired, but you can't talk like that. Hongjoong is always working hard for us all."

"Yeah, well maybe he should realise we don't want to work as hard as him." San snatched the belt Seonghwa had picked for him out of Seonghwa's hands and marched off to the bathroom to change.