15

"Can-...Can I please use your phone? I need to make a call" Ricky asked a nurse in the hospital. He nervously wiped his palms on his hospital wear.

"Oh yeah sure" The nurse said smiling and took out his phone. "I'll be here when you're done, okay?"
He gently said and Ricky gave him a small smile nodding. He walked out and closed the door to his ward.

He looked at the phone in his shaking hand. He e gulped as his heart was beating loudly. He shook his head and dropped the phone already regretting his decision.

What if he doesn't answer or what if he ends the call when he finds out I'm the one?

Ricky brushed his hair back nervously. He had never thought he would one day hesitate this much to call Ji Woong. He looked up sighing before putting in Ji Woong's number.

He could have used his phone but Ji Woong would know it was him. All he wanted was to just hear his voice. He couldn't hold himself anymore as if was eating him alive. He needed to stop having those thoughts, just Ji Woong's voice would help him out.

He gulped when Ji Woong answered the call. He kept quiet for some seconds, trying to regulate his heartbeat. "H-Hyung?" He muttered.

"Ricky? R-Ricky is that you?"

Tears immediately brimmed his eyes when he heard Ji Woong's voice. He nodded as tears fell from his eyes. "Y-Yes it's me"

"Wha- Where are you? Are you okay? Ricky tell me and I'll come find you.. please just tell me you're okay- I-..gosh I've been so worried- where are you?"

Ricky could hear how broken Ji Woong sounded. He could tell he was crying already. "Shanghai..I'm not at home.. I'm at the hospital, I had an-

"Hospital?! Wha- How- What happened? Are you okay? What hospital?"

"It's nothing serious..I just-.." Ricky paused and sighed. He told Ji Woong the hospital's name. He wiped his tears listening to Ji Woong speak.

"I'll be there Ricky, Just wait for me- I'll be there okay?" Ricky nodded. He took the phone out of his ear and ended the call. He walked out of his ward and gave the nurse his phone back.

"Thank you" He muttered and turned. He wiped the tears that formed in his eyes again. "Ji Woong hyung...he's...he's coming to see me" He muttered as he softly laughed, wiping his tears.

-

Once Matthew and Ji Woong got out of the airport, Ji Woong held Matthew's hand, running and getting into a taxi quickly. Ji Woong quickly told the driver the hospital's name and sat up straight as he watched he road.

Matthew who was at the back seat, looked at
Ji Woong. He was panting nervously as he tapped the window continuously. Matthew had never seen him this shaken. He looked so...shattered.

-

Matthew looked at Ji Woong's hand on his as they rushed in. Ji Woong quickly asked for Ricky's ward, after he got his ward number he quickly ran.
Matthew watched as he quickly got into the elevator.

He had to fill out the form as Ji Woong didn't.

He got into the next elevator. He nervously fiddled with his fingers. Once he got to the floor he quickly got out, walking towards Ricky's ward. He saw
Ji Woong walk in and he followed suit.

Ricky turned his head when the door opened.
He saw Ji Woong slowly walk in as he stared at him.
He sat up on the bed. "Hyung..." He said and
Ji Woong walked towards him and immediately hugged him tight.

"Ricky.." Ji Woong muttered rubbing Ricky's head gently. Ricky wrapped his arms round Ji Woong and buried his face in his chest as he began to cry.

Ji Woong felt his eyes sting too but he held it in, he didn't want to cry in front of Ricky. One of them had to be strong. He kept rubbing his hair, whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Matthew stood by the door watching them. He clasped his hands together as he looked at Ricky.
He's very good looking. He thought to himself as he unconsciously held his shirt.

He let out a quiet gasp when Ricky opened his eyes, their eyes meeting each other's. Ricky slowly leaned out of the hug still looking at Matthew.

Ji Woong looked in the direction of where Ricky was looking at. He saw Matthew looking at them while fiddling with his shirt nervously.

Ricky looked away from Matthew and looked at
Ji Woong, then back at Matthew. He slowly let go of Ji Woong in realization. His lips curled into a bitter smile. "Ricky...This is Matthew-

"Ah..so I was right" Ricky muttered, interrupting
Ji Woong. He let out a scoff shaking his head bitterly. He slightly moved away from Ji Woong.

"He's the reason?...Why you haven't come to see me?" He asked with a bitter smile. He looked at Matthew and scoffed.

Matthew shook his head and looked at Ji Woong for him to speak. Ji Woong didn't speak for some time as what Ricky said was partly true.

Ji Woong, over the course of time, realized how much Matthew meant to him. He was with him through a lot, was selfless while trying to make him better.

He remembered when Matthew told him to figure out why he felt uneasy himself and he was finally able to figure out why. He didn't want to stay away from Matthew. He wanted to go to Ricky but it meant leaving Matthew behind.

They held special places in his heart and he just...
He just couldn't pick. They meant differently to him.
He was afraid of losing Ricky but was also afraid of losing Matthew. Either way he was going to lose one.

He could have left Canada a long time ago to search for Ricky but...there was Matthew. Matthew had slowly crept into his heart within a short period of time.

He had finally realized why...

He liked Matthew.