Chapter 4

*Louis POV*

I must admit, I kind of live for each day when school ends. I mean I've liked him for five years. Five years he's hated me and abused me, mind you, but now we're...almost friends? I've never been this close with him, it's nice, it's even kind of thrilling. I get weird tingles when his leg brushes mine when we sit, or if we accidentally touch when we're walking. He's touched me hundreds of times in my life, but I didn't have good feelings about those, because he was kind of punching me in the face.

*Harry POV*

Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with Louis, but I still can't really talk to him in school. I know I sound like a dick but it's not like that! If I get caught talking to him, he will get pummeled by someone and I will be a joke. It's better for both of us to keep our friendship a secret. Although I can't talk to him in school, my new favorite part of the day is definitely going to his house. His mum is wonderful, she reminds me of how my mum use to be. Gentle, caring, and she makes me feel like any problem can be solved. Also, I adore his sisters, the younger ones are so lovely and mischievous. Quite like Louis. When I'm at his house I can sometimes imagine what it was like before my mum died and my dad became abusive.

Suddenly, a quiet whisper breaks my train of thought, "Harry? Harry! You've been staring at me for like five minutes! It's getting kind of uncomfortable." A blush creeps up my neck and I chuckle.

"Sorry, I was just thinking. I didn't mean to creep you out." I whisper back. Louis just laughs and shakes his head, causing his fringe to fall into his eyes. My hand twitches and I want to brush it away from his face but he does it before I get a chance. Was I really just about to brush a guys hair out of his face? Come on Styles! Get it together!

The rest of the day is the same monotonous school routine as usual except for lunch. I sit down at the head of the table as usual, but one of the guys starts laughing. "You're getting quite cozy with Tomlinson, aren't you?"

I choke on my chicken sandwich and sputter, "What?"

He laughs darkly again and rephrases his earlier sentence, "I see you guys talk a lot more lately."

"Oh, calm down Zayn. Mr. Higgins assigned us to a school project together." I say coolly.

"That's not what it looked like to me." He states in an accusatory tone.

I put my head in my hands and laugh in disbelief, "How could you think I'm friends with him? He's so weird! The only reason I talk to him is for the project." I notice most of my lunch table is listening to our conversation, including some close bystanders. I make eye contact with one of them and see the hurt and disgust in his blue eyes, as he quickly walks away. I stand up no longer caring about my lunch table, or the dicks here like Zayn, Andy, and that annoying girl Taylor laughing along with them. I keep my eyes locked on Louis and follow him, he makes his way to the bathroom. I walk in and hear him crying in a stall. I check underneath to see which one he's in, when I find it I knock on the door. It opens with my touch, "Louis, I didn't mean that! They are dicks! I'm sorry!" He just looks at me with a blank expression. "Louis I'm sorry! There's something about you that I really like! You're a better friend than any of the jerks at my table!" He continues to look at me, not saying anything. "Please, I'm sorry. I've grown really close with you over the past few weeks Lou. Can we stay that way?"

"Not if you do this. I thought we were friends too, but I guess not." He states plainly, pushing past me. I follow him out into the hallway jogging to stay in pace with him.

"Louis I will fix it. Please? Let me come over later to work on the project." He just looks at me and keeps walking.

"Fine." He says, barely audible. A small smile breaks across my face. Now I need to figure out how to make it up to him, but I think I have a plan.

------------------------

A/N: cliffy? Nobody is reading this fic so it doesn't really matter anyway! Yaaay! Bye nigs.