Chapter 3

"I love it when you wear that shirt." Essie said, failing to sound seductive.

"Essie can we talk?" I asked.

She nodded and said "Is something wrong? Because I don't really care about your personal life." What a charmer, I wonder why I'm breaking up with her.

"We can't date anymore, sorry." I said kind of bluntly. She furrowed her eyebrows a bit in thought. After a few seconds her face contorted into pure rage.

"Are. You. Kidding. Me?!" She started raising her voice "I gave you my buttginity!" Is that even a thing? Ew.

"Y-your what?" I stuttered.

"I didn't want to lose my virginity so I let you get my butt." Could she get any more stupid.

"Uh sorry then. I just really can't date you."

She looked at me with pure disgust and said "Go play with your boyfriend." Gladly. Wait what?! I was about to respond but she walked away. Well screw her then. I stomped off to my next class, to find Louis waiting patiently for class to start. He was wearing a white button down and suspenders, with his usual choice of pants, capris. His head was covered in a beanie, which was actually kind of cute. I mean. What?

"Hey." I smiled at the boys Toms clad feet. "Why are you smiling at the ground?" He asked. Oh I must look so weird to him right now.

"Oh sorry I was just thinking. I've had a pretty good day." I excitedly said, while sitting down. He looked over and said

"Oh, really? Is it better than a chocolate chip cookie?" He asked. I responded, laughing at his weird question.

"Indeed, Tomlinson. I dumped Essie." I said smiling, but lowering my voice so she wouldn't hear.

He looked pretty shocked and said "Huh, that's news." Wait, when did me and Tomlinfag become friends?

"Yep." I answered shortly. He sensed the awkwardness probably thinking the same thoughts as me, and turned forward again. I started doodling on my paper for the rest of the bell, thinking about our project.

The bell rang and I hurriedly walked out to meet Louis. He smiled shyly and waved. We started the walk home silently, as I stole glances at him all the while. Once we arrived I sat down where we worked yesterday. Louis started to grab for our project supplies but I stopped him

"Hey I have a proposal. Why don't we get to know each other today instead of working?" I asked a bit awkwardly. He gave a small nod and sat down.

*Louis POV*

I shakily sat down and looked at Harry trying to see if he was joking. He looked serious to me.

"Why don't we start with the basics?" I asked "For example, what's your favorite color?" He sat back and thought about it for a few moments.

He finally gave his answer "I would have to say blue, because if you mix it with white it still looks relatively good, same as if you mix it with black." He gave a small nod. "I'm talking about paints of course. What's your favorite?" I immediately knew my favorite colors.

"Red and blue, because they look best, clothes-wise I mean." He nodded like it seemed like a sensible answer. We sat in silence for a few more moments, but it wasn't awkward. Harry finally broke the silence. "What foods do you like to eat?" He asked. Oh, good question, my friend.

"I enjoy tacos, and cheese puffs. You?" He let out a small chuckle and said

"That's funny, my favorite food is tacos too."

I laughed a little bit and said "You know all of my sisters make fun of me for eating cheese puffs all the time. Since I hate carrots my sisters told me that cheese puffs looked like carrots. I didn't eat them for about a week. Since then, I just told my sisters that the tickle monster would get any girls that eat carrots because he likes girls who eat carrots. It's actually quite funny." He let out a breathy laugh and said

"Do you have anything to drink? I'm thirsty." I stood up, nodding, trying to push away the inappropriate thoughts about Harry being thirsty. He followed me into the kitchen and leaned against the counter.

"Um the cups are behind your head." I laughed. As he was moving I reached in front of him to grab a cup, but he quickly grabbed my arm, scaring me.

"What are these?!" He demanded.

"Uh, cups?" I responded, a bit sarcastically.

"No! These scars! Why did you do that to yourself?!" I just shrugged taking my arm back. "Louis, please tell me you don't still do that!" He asked concerned. I brought his now full cup back to the couch and he followed.

"I don't really do it anymore." I lied, he looked a little bit more relieved now. He opened his mouth, looking afraid, and finally spoke.

"What made you do that?" He asked looking sad. He spoke in a strangled whisper "Was it because of me?" I shook my head no quickly. "It was me, wasn't it?" He put his face in his hands and said "Louis, how could my stupid words affect you that much?" Oh, just because I've been in love with you for the past 5 years.

"I just heard it so often that I believed it." I lied to him, now also whispering. "It's not a big deal. Really." I tried to reassure him.

"YES IT IS!" He roared, standing up. "I CAUSED YOU TO CUT YOURSELF! Louis, you don't know how sorry I am. Please don't ever do this again!" His fast actions scared me a little bit. He ran outside and I followed him.

"Where are you going?! It's okay!" He just stomped over to the side of my house and started punching the siding. Um okay, then? I started to see red on the wall, and I ran over to stop Harry.

"Harry! Stop! You're hurting your hands!" I yanked him away and back inside. I sat him down in the bathroom looking at his fingers, his hands were split open and bleeding. I fumbled around for a wash cloth until I placed my fingers on one. I ran cold water over it and slowly dabbed each knuckle with care. He flinched a little bit, but I just rubbed the back if his hand with my thumb.

"I'm so sorry, Louis. I didn't know." He apologized once again. I watched as tear drops slowly started to fall one after another, gradually building speed.

When I finished cleaning his hand I looked him in the eye "Harry it really doesn't matter." He started sobbing and I hugged him.

"Please don't do it again Lou." Lou? Since when does he call me Lou?

"I promise I won't." I responded. He peeled his face away from my somewhat damp shirt. Boy, that was...eventful?

"I guess I should get going." Harry stood up and started walking away, his hand was still in mine and I kissed each broken knuckle before he left.

"Bye Harry."