Chapter 8- The Unexpected Time Of Arrival

***

It had been about 5 weeks since Y/N was delayed in the Joseon Era with no sign of returning home any soon, or so she thought. She had no idea that back in present-day Seoul, Neria, Inseong, and Ha-ri were working continuously for the past weeks to get the time machine up and running, though it took a hefty amount of time. Also, what about the mystery they had to solve? About Mrs. Kang? That too was delayed, and for some odd reason: nobody had reported her being missing, what about her family, you ask? She had none! Except if you count her 5-year-old ginger-ragdoll cat, who seemed to be taken care of by some other stray cats out on the street now. 

Y/N was perplexed, what was she going to do here? Had Ha-ri and Inseong not planned anything to bring her back? Did they not care? And what was she going to do here? Everyone was indifferent to her except the Prince, whom she was quite fond of, but none of that matters for now.

But she didn't want to leave at the same time.

***

"So what're you planning to do after you go back"

Taehyung asked, taking his gloves off

"Huh?" Y/N snapped out of her trance

"Oh yeah right, um I haven't thought about it much, I'll just go back to my daily life, I guess."

"Is it fun there?" Taehyung asked, surprisingly interested.

"Define fun," Y/N said, quite neutral, Taehyung was confused by her sudden change of mood.

"Er- fun as in pleasant or enjoyable?" Taehyung asked bemusedly,

"Sometimes," Y/N said, her reply coated with a hint of nothingness

"Mostly just obligations about school, and stuff" Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Ah, I see" Taehyung sighs in awe, he loved learning everything he could possibly can about her.

"Anyways what's your life like? Mr. Prince?" Said Y/N, in a teasing manner.

Taehyung's eyes widened at the sudden nickname.

"I uh, there's a lot." Was the only thing he could mutter.

"Like?" Y/N further inquired, Taehyung wasn't exactly thrilled to share his autobiography.

"...Like tons of royal obligations, similar to yours-" "But more important" Y/N interrupted.

"Er- sure" Taehyung chuckled awkwardly, making Y/N nod in understanding.

"So, why don't we talk about something else?" Taehyung suggested, trying to change the topic.

"I'm out of topics." Y/N yawned out of boredom,

Taehyung was afraid that she'd be bored of talking with him, so he tried to pick the most random topic possible in all of human history.

"Cats." Taehyung blurted out, and the next second shutting his eyes and cringing at it.

"Cats?" Y/N snickered, "Sure, let's talk about cats."

Y/N smiled, making Taehyung ecstatic that she didn't find him weird.

They talked about all kinds of breeds of cats, Taehyung was more of a dog person so Y/N gave him tons of information about cats and how their class teacher had a ragdoll too. They laughed, cried together, and were overjoyed with each other. They sure did know how to make one another feel complete. (AH JUST CONFESS ALREADY- HAHASHWDQHWDQOUDHW)

***

"Is he dead?"

"I guess, leave him there"

Ha-ri was panicking while Neria was snickering at Inseong's unconscious body.

"WHAT'RE WE GONNA DO! WE CAN'T GO BACK WITHOUT HIM! WE NEED HIM! WE-"

"Calm down! He's not dead, see?" Neria gestured at Inseong's difficulty breathing.

"Oh....INSEONG WAKE UP-"

Ha-ri was vigorously shaking Inseong while Neria laughed hysterically.

"Give him some time! He'll wake up" Neria said, calming Ha-ri "Eventually."

Luckily Ha-ri was too distressed to hear that last part.

Inseong slowly opened his eyes, blinking continuously.

"YAY!" Ha-ri cheered "Why so early?" Neria grumbled.

"Are we here?" Inseong muttered getting up slowly and shivering due to the cold weather.

"Yup," Neria nodded "But seriously, couldn't you have been unconscious long enough?"

Inseong rolled his eyes at the pessimist.

"Let's go." He said, plainly.

(~To Be Continued~)