Chapter 7

Jungkook's body swayed, his eyelids closing, as he slumped heavily against the callous man who held a knife to his throat in a fit of rage. At that moment, the rogue was convinced that this was the end, that his life would soon flash before his eyes. Memories of his childhood, a time he had suppressed for years, flooded his mind. He recalled a time when he was just a tender little alpha, only five years old, living happily with his
parents in a pack. He could still visualize their human forms, but suddenly, blood was everywhere, and he couldn't remember how it all happened. It was a morning he would never forget, one where he woke up to find his parents murdered inside their cabin.

The memory was a painful one, etched deep into the very fabric of his being. Jungkook's chest tightened as he recalled the bitter truth of his past, the time when the pack he once called home had cruelly banished him into the wilderness as an innocent, helpless child. Left to fend for himself, he struggled to survive in his human form, unable to compete with the harshness of the world around him.

As he matured, he learned to adapt, to become one with the wild as a little wolf, and took on the form of an agile alpha wolf. In this form, he roamed the forests, his black moon fur a protective shield against the cold and danger that lurked in the shadows. He fought for every scrap of food, and every drop of water, and clawed his way to survival as he grew up as a large intimidating wolf. It was this arduous journey that led him to become a rogue, a solitary figure in the vastness of the wild, forever marked by his painful past.

As he clenched his teeth, Jungkook felt a burning anger at the injustice of his past. To have lost his family at such a tender age and be forced to survive on his own, it was an unbearable burden to bear. But life has a way of turning things around, and he found a new family in an omega who showed him love and kindness. It was under his omega's gentle care that he learned to embrace his human form again after two decades. And now, with the news of their upcoming pup, he knew that he had everything to lose. He refused to let his cursed past take away the life he had built with his omega, his family. He resolved to live, to thrive, and to protect his loved ones from any harm that may come their way.

Jungkook's eyes flickered open with a piercing gleam, akin to that of a starry night sky. The sudden shift in his being caused his ears to perk up, honing in on the voice of his omega. Jimin's desperate pleas to release Jungkook from his captor's grasp and his unwavering determination to drink the potion reverberated in Jungkook's mind.

The alpha within him stirred, coursing through his veins and rippling through his muscles as a stormy sea swelled by the wind. With a single, effortless motion, the man restraining him was overpowered and crumbled to the ground with an unexpected twist and turn of events...

With a heavy heart and a thousand apologies on his tongue, Jimin knew he had no choice but to comply. He gently caressed his belly and raised the potion to his lips. However, before he could even take a sip, the air was shattered by the sound of the pot shattering into a million fragments. His heart raced as he looked up, only to meet the fiery glare of the rogue standing right in front of him, free of his father's hold and the captors' death grips. The blood-red crystal in his eye reflected a feral intensity that spoke volumes of his current state of mind. The rogue's furious growl resonated in the air, as his Wine-hued mineral iris seemed to possess an enigmatic power that sent chills down Jimin's spine. The rogue's demeanor was alarming, as it was evident that his inner alpha had taken control of his senses. Jimin was overwhelmed with a flurry of emotions, ranging from comfort to relief, worry to anxiety, all at once. He curled up submissively behind his alpha, as his inner omega submitted itself entirely.

With a warrior's precision, the rogue alpha sprang into action, lunging towards the head alpha with a focused attack on his head and then his legs. Unwavering in his determination, he refused to be deterred by the pack members who tried to take him down from behind, his every move a calculated dance of baits and codes in the heat of battle. Even as Jungkook suffered the sting of weapons and the pungent scent of blood, the burning intensity of his rage and unyielding resolve flowed through him, propelling him toward his ultimate goal of defeating the cruel old man who stood before him.

Why are rogues shunned by the pack?

In the world of wolves, packs are a sacred entity, a symbol of unity, strength, and loyalty. The pack is governed by a set of strict rules and codes that ensure its survival and prosperity. Rogues, on the other hand, are seen as outcasts, lone wolves that have strayed away from the pack's path.

Their intimidating aura and fierce abilities make them a force to be reckoned with, akin to the mythic warriors of the moon deity's realm. Their power and independence are awe-inspiring, yet feared by those who value the security and sanctity of the pack.

For rogues, life is a constant battle for survival, relying on their own wits and instincts to overcome the harsh realities of the wild. But for the pack, the rogue's unpredictable nature poses a threat to the stability and unity that defines them.

Thus, the pack sees rogues as a potential danger, a risk that could upset the delicate balance of their society. And so, they shun and avoid them, their fear and caution ingrained in their very being.