The sunset - chapter 4

*Lunar's POV*

I arrived too late. That was my only thought since I saw Alex lying and bleeding on the ground, with Chosen ones around him. Not to mention that Lila was also there, trembling and crying from the recent event. I bit my tongue. If I had been faster, I could have reached them and protected them. No, no, that doesn't matter now. I need to focus on the enemies in front of me.

The masked man I had struck was slowly getting up from the ground. He spoke softly and coughed as he looked at me. He's probably nervous I said to myself.

Finally, he got up and dusted himself off with his hands. I need to hurry, I thought to myself. If I don't hurry, Alex will die from blood loss.

The masked man hadn't said anything to me yet, at least not until now. When he finished dusting himself off, a light appeared in his right hand. After this light, a long black knife with a slight upward curve appeared. He has a spiritual weapon? That's quite problematic.

"Are you their leader?" I asked the masked man as I looked at the other men.

"Hm? Why do you ask? Do you consider me their leader because I'm the strongest one here?" the masked man asked. Even though he had a mask on, I could tell he was smiling. I responded with a raised eyebrow. "You, strong? I could say that the wall behind you is the strongest in this store because I couldn't destroy it with the blow I gave you."

And it's true. I threw him into the wall, but the wall only had a few cracks on it extending from the middle to the floor. That annoyed the man because I could read his anger in his eyes. That was the plan, the weak point of the Chosen ones with spiritual weapons is that if they can't calm their emotions, the spiritual weapon will disappear.

"Seriously? Seriously seriously? I'm weak? Fine, Lunar. Perfect, great!" the man shouted as he grinned. Meanwhile, I saw him coming towards me, the knife in front of him, aimed at my abdomen. He probably wanted to attack me like he did with Alex. So... when the knife was about 10 cm away from my abdomen, I grabbed his wrist. I could see the surprise on his face, but I couldn't allow him to be more surprised. While I had his wrist with the knife in my left hand, I pulled his entire arm towards my left side. His body followed along, leaving his abdomen and back exposed, and because of that, I took my chance and started to elbow him in the back. When my elbow hit his back, I could hear his bones separate and break at the same time. As all my force spread across his entire back, the masked man fell to the ground. There was no blood, but his screams of pain echoed throughout the store.

To silence his screams, I kicked him in the face. With that force he rolled back into the wall again.

The other men, who had been silent until now, remained surprised. None dared to fight me. They are probably just ordinary people, I thought to myself. They stood tense, but as soon as I looked at them, they started to take a step back, and one of the three masked men took something out of his hoodie.

"This... this doesn't end here, we won't give up until we have her," the man said, his voice trembling. At that moment, I realized what he wanted to pull out of his hoodie. It wasn't big, but he held a red crystal in his hand. Fuck! I can't let them escape. So I put my divine power into my leg and took a step forward.

When I did that, a small tremor was felt. The whole store began to vibrate from the pressure of my foot on the floor. Not only that, but the other guys were vibrating along with the store. The lights flickered on and off, and pieces of the ceiling fell slowly. But it wasn't enough; the man crushed the crystal with his hand, and the next second, black smoke emerged from it. The smoke spread more than I thought because to my surprise, it spread throughout the entire store. Not only that, but it had such pressure that the windows and doors were thrown open because of the smoke.