T.W.E.N.T.Y S.E.V.E.N

||COLBY'S POV||

I've been avoiding Tyler the whole time, ever since we were waiting for Harper to arrive. Hopefully he understands why I came. He sees my parents here, maybe he can figure out they forced me here. Or his dumb snobby ass thinks I'm here to try to do some moves on her. 

He has given me some dirty glances but hasn't done anything to me. At least, not yet. 

It would seem weird if I didn't come too. Not to Tyler, but to Harper. My parents and her parents are close. Of course, they wanted me to come and support her while she was hurt. 

She was very important to me during my childhood. And she still is. But, I'm sure I'm not as important to her as she is to me. And that's understandable.

Harper and I just hung out as well. We've just spent an evening to morning together. We watched a horror movie together. We had a sleepover. We had reminisced on the bridge together when we finally were on it together again. We risked it after her boyfriend came at me and my best friend at party all because she felt bad for me. Why would I leave?

I'm technically not leaving her. I'm just distancing myself from her. I can't get that close to her, especially after the incident. I'm not sure if she remembers though, from what I heard she seemed clueless about what happened during and after the fall. 

I didn't notice that I was staring at her until her eyes landed on me. Her eyes briefly lingered on me before I turned my head to Sam, who was walking my way with two drinks in his hands. Hopefully she didn't notice me staring at her and think it was just a glimpse. 

"Hey man, I got you a drink," Sam handed me a glass.

"Water? Boring." I took the cold glass and had a sip.

He patted me on the shoulder. "Got to stay hydrated with pure water, brother." 

I'm glad Sam decided to come knowing Tyler is going to be here. He was scared but decided to suck it up and support Harper. He is a nice guy, and I know everything he said about her was al because of fear. He didn't mean all of that.

"Hey guys," I heard a male voice coming up to us, which caused Sam's eyes to widen. 

I simply turned my head to him and greeted him with a little nod, "sup Tyler."

"Look, ever since Harper got in the accident. I wanted to become a better person for her." He sighed and put his hands together. "We are all here for the same reason, which is to support her. I don't feel like apologizing to everyone I had an incident with, because it is a lot. But I am going to change. And I wanted to apologize to you guys specifically."

I grew confused, "why us?" 

"You two are nice guys. And you didn't deserve to get wrapped up in all of that. You guys also took the time out of your day to come here and see her." Tyler turned and pointed at me, "from what I heard, you were also a big part of her childhood." He changed his focus back to both of us, "So I'm sincerely sorry and hope we can move on." 

Tyler held out his hand for us to shake it. I peeked over to Sam seeing him indecisively eyeing his hand. I decided to take it and shook his hand. "Alright bro," I simply said. 

Since Sam saw me shake his hand he decided to as well. A smile appeared on Tyler's face, "well alright. See you two around." 

"See ya man," I replied. He patted both of our shoulders and headed to Harper's direction. 

"Bullshit," Sam said. 

"Hey, man. There's no point of holding grudges." I turned back to Sam. "It's best to move on. He wanted to move on, and so should we. Look, that tension is over."

"I don't think he meant any of it. He could'e apologized in a better way. But, you're right man. Shouldn't waste time being mad at him." 

I looked back at Tyler and Harper, they both looked happy. They looked like relationship I've always wanted to have. I've always wanted it to be me, not him. But he earned her heart, somehow. I'm glad he isn't taking advantage of it.