➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳ Chapter 7 ➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳

“Really?!” You said, putting your hand on your face. “No one's gonna hurt me while I sleep!” You said annoyed. “We don't really know that.” Wriothesley said, crossing his arms. “Plus I've had this empty room in my office. It was built for me for basic necessities, I don't really use it much.” Wriothesley said. “It's also very luxurious for some reason.” “Well obviously! You're the duke, so it would be lavish!” You said with a sassy tone. You sighed, and you eventually agreed to use the room in his office. “So what do you mean by 'very lavish'?” You said with finger quotations. “You'll see said as he walked into his office and led you to the room. “Woah..” you said, looking at the luxurious bedroom. “Told you.” Wriothesley said, crossing his arms. “This is so soft!~” you said after landing on the bed. “Well this can be your room for the time being, do whatever you want with it.” He said, standing by the door. “Alright!” You said before he left the room. You decided to look around the room for some time. Until you came across some letters. “He won't mind if I just look at some of them, right?..” you said as you looked at the letter. You opened the letter to find a love confession.

“Dear Wriothesley,

I know you have been receiving all of my letters, and I'd just like to say I love you!! You better accept this!~”

From, your secret admirer.

“Well… I don't blame them.. but-” You were about to finish your sentence before a book fell from a shelf and hit you on the head. “Ack!-” you said as the book hit your head. “What's this?..” you said in confusion as you looked at the black book with a leather cover still confused. “Hmm, wouldn't hurt to look!~” you said before flipping to a random page. “Hmm.. oh?” You said as you found 1 singular page with a bunch of writing. “Let's see!~” you opened the book and stared at it confused. “It's..blank?” you said. “It's really not good to snoop, you know?” You heard a voice call from above you. You quickly turned your head up only to find your lips inches away from his. The book was then snatched away from you and hit lightly on your head in a playful manner. “D-don't do that, Wriothesley!!” You said, covering your face flustered. “H-how did you get here without making any noise!” You said Stull flustered. “Something I learned from being down here.” Wriothesley said as he held the book. “I know I told you You could do what you wanted, but the letters and that cabinet is off limits.” He said as he left with the book. “Ahhhh that was so embarrassing!!” You said pink as a flamingo, “but I wonder.. What is he hiding?” You said calming down.

You decided to head out of the room and talk to Wriothesley. You walked out of the room and went upstairs to his office. As you walked in, you only found the empty room and a letter on his desk.

“Dear (Your/name)

I will be out for a while due to an emergency. Please, for now, stay in the bedroom downstairs in my office,”

“P.S do not go looking for the book.”

You put the letter back. Very annoyed. “How can he just take that book away and not let me find out!..well.. he's not here to stop me!” You said as you began looking around and opening drawers, “finally! I found it.” You said grabbing the book. You took the book and ran inside your bedroom and locked the door. “Alright let's see!~” You then flipped the pages of the book and found a singular page filled with writing. “This is interesting~” you said as you began to read.

“This is the last time I'm writing in this book. Too much has happened lately, first I was convicted to this place and now I became the duke, not only that I've just found out she's been labeled missing, I will make sure to find her.”

You tried to find more writing only for the rest to be scribbled or ripped out. “Well at least this satisfies my curiosity.” You then heard the office door open. You quickly hid the book and unlocked the door, and jumped in the bed, pretending to be asleep. You heard footsteps walking up to your room. The door silently opened, and you rubbed your eyes, pretending to wake up. “Oh your back!” You said smiling at Wriothesley. “I will be leaving my office at times, so excuse the interruptions.” Wriothesley said, crossing his arms. “Well I wanted to ask, have you found who has poisoned me?”

➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳ End of Chapter 7 ➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳

Authors note: sorry for the late update, I was in the hospital for sometime!