➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳ Chapter 8 ➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳

“Unfortunately, no.” Wriothesley said with his hands crossed. “But we have some suspects.” Wriothesley said, keeping his arms crossed. “Ah, I see.” You said awkwardly. “Well I'm gonna finish some paperwork-” Wriothesley was about to finish his sentence until his eyes caught sight of the book. “What is this doing here?” Wriothesley said as he picked up the book. “Uhh well gotta go!” You said as you ran out of the room. You were about to run out of the office until Wriothesley grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you back, slamming the door and pinning you against the wall. “answer my question.” Wriothesley said, holding your wrists in a firm grip. “i-i uh-.” you said, stuttering. “spit it out.” Wriothesley said sternly. “I-i just found it while I found the letter you left for me!” You said red as a tomato. Wriothesley let go of you when he heard your response. “Geez! You really are serious about that book.” You said annoyed. “Glad you can tell.” Wriothesley said, crossing his arms.

~knock knock-

“Come in.” Wriothesley said. “Oh? Was I interrupting something?” Clorinde said, noticing the red tint on your face. “N-not at all!” You said flustered. “Alright, I won't bother on it too much, but here's the tea delivery you requested.” Clorinde said as she brought in the tea. “Well I'm off for now. Take care (Your/name).” Clorinde said before leaving. “Well I'm gonna continue my investigation. Recently, something new came in.” Wriothesley said, sighing. “Alright! Stay safe!” You said smiling. Wriothesley flashed a smile at you before leaving. You sighed out in relief and began blushing again as you pictured what would've happened if Wriothesley took the pinning a step further. “I'll just go and distract myself!” You said with a pink tint on your face. You changed yourself in some simple clothing. navia gifted you and styled your hair. “Just like the old days with Mother..” you said as you sighed. “No need to dwell on the past..” You told yourself before wiping a singular tear. “And I'm bored! Again!” You said in frustration. You decided to look in the box of confiscated items and see what interesting items you could find. “Ahh~ let's see.” you said, taking out the box. As you were looking through items, you found a peculiar looking bottle. You opened it and checked what was inside, only to be met with a clear liquid but a strange smell. You chose to ignore it. “Well I am thirsty!” you said before you drank the whole bottle. “hmm let me check for labels..” you said inspecting the bottle only to find a big “STRONG ALCOHOL” label. Your eyes widened as you dropped the bottle. “No no no no.” you said, freaking out. “not that anything but that!” you said while getting flashbacks to your ex-husband using alcohol as a form of punishment. you started to get extremely dizzy, “it's okay..I..just..need..to..get..down..these..stairs..” you said, struggling to walk to the staircase. As you were about to reach it, you passed out.

~With Wriothesley~

“sir we've confiscated the tools!” a guard said while they carried the boxes. “put them where you always do.” Wriothesley said as he handcuffed the criminal. “don't run some type of cult down here at the fortress.” Wriothesley said sternly while grabbing the criminal. “don't man handle me! Wahhhh.” the criminal said. Wriothesley just sighed and threw the criminal in a cell and uncuffing him. “you will be under very close supervision.” Wriothesley said before leaving and going back to his office.

~back with you~

You lay on the ground still, unable to move. You tried to get up, but you just fell back down due to the dizziness. You heard the door open and shut carefully. You prepared for what would happen as you heard footsteps up to his office. “..” You felt hands shaking you and turning you around, “W-Who are you?” You muttered in a slurred speech. “What happened to you?” Wriothesley asked with a concerned look on his face. “Well hello handsome.” You said in a flirting tone. “Excuse me?” Wriothesley said, taken aback. “You heard me.” You said slightly, sticking your tongue out playfully. “Are you drunk?” Wriothesley said, sighing. “Maybee~” you said, giggling slightly. “I'll just make you some herbal tea..” Wriothesley said before picking you up bridal style. “Am I flying?!” You said while waving your arms in the air and slightly kicking your legs. “Funny but no.” Wriothesley before playing you on your bed. “stay right here.” Wriothesley said as he was about to leave. “wait!” you said, grabbing his arm, “please stay!” you said blushing. “alright.” Wriothesley said before sitting on the bed. “please..just stay with me.” you said as you put your head on his chest and sat in his lap. “didn't know you were bold.” Wriothesley said as he wrapped his arms around you. “good..night.” you said before sleeping. “sweet dreams.” Wriothesley said as he drifted off to sleep with you.

➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳ End of Chapter 8 ➳༻❀ ☕ ❀༺➳