Chapter 3: The camp

Jyeshtha:

"Are you sure you want to go?" Sia bhabhi asked for the nth time and I tried assuring her that I will be fine.

It's been two years since I joined NIMS and two years since I last saw him or since I last heard his voice.

Yug did not stay back, not even for my birthday. He shifted to Delhi to study in Stephens and I? Well thankfully I had Sia bhabhi and Shraddha bhabhi to confide in.

I joined NIMS and decided to do BA honours. He didn't even visit us on special occasions or festivals. Well he did visit his Bestfriend but that was when I was out of the city. Other times Veer bhai visited him along with Aiden or they both went to Newyork to meet their Bestfriend.

Me? I am the forgotten case. I looked at the new message's notification from the unknown number and realised maybe I am not really forgotten.

I joined NCC because that was the only common thing between us and I wasn't going to let it go. If he was so hell bent on avoiding me, I'd follow him to the Army but he isn't getting rid of me like this.

"This camp is very important bhabhi and Lucknow isn't that far," I softly said holding her hand as she gave me a soft nod.

Sia bhabhi and Aavyansh bhaiya aren't married yet but in a year or two we are looking for the date. But since she is officially his fiance I call her bhabhi only, infact all of us does.

"Alright babygirl, then let's pack your bags?" She suggested with a bright smile and I gave her an exciting nod.

My friends were also a part of NCC, not all of them but two of my friends are so I am sure it will be fun.

Other colleges cadets will also be there. Maybe he will also -

No Jyeshtha don't think about him, you already overdid the quota today now no more thoughts of He-who-I-will-not-name.

Surprisingly sleep came to me earlier than I thought it will and in the morning when I woke up all I had to do was change and leave for the university because the buses will leave for Lucknow in three hours and Sia bhabhi had already packed my bags.

"You should just persuade her to follow photography," I heard someone say and that voice was oddly familiar. I can recognise it amidst a whole crowd and this was just an ongoing phone call with Veer.

I am sure it's him. Are they talking about me? I am the only one into photography and he is the only one who has done his all to try and persuade me into persuing photography instead of persuing him.

I know I might sound like those annoying stupid girl who seem to be obsessed with a boy and have a charm to get on their nerves but I can't help myself with him.

I stood outside the door hearing whatever Veer Bhai and he had to discuss about me.

But before Veer Bhai could give a reply to his statement Aavyansh bhaiya came from behind me, "Why are you standing outside princess?"

Flustered I gave him a tight lipped smile feeling a pair of eyes on my back, "I came to say bye to you two."

He nodded, his eyes softening as I hugged him, "Tu schhi ja rhi hai?" Aavyansh bhaiya softly asked.

"Bhaiya hmesha aapka haath to pakad ke nhi rh skti naa." I mumbled offering him a pout.

He nodded, tears welling up in his eyes and I realised just how much I was going to miss them in these 10 to 12 days.

This was my first ever trip when I will be away from all of them. I have never been alone and I was so not ready for this experience.

"Mera bachha." He caressed my head and dropped a kiss on my forehead.