Chapter 9: C.H.E.R.U.B.

"There are millions of people in Hell scattered throughout the seven rings and nine circles. Some are sinners, some are Hell-born, and some are unlucky souls who got screwed in the living world."

"These are their problems."

Instead of the normal intro in Hell, Heaven was doing the work for them.

Joshua: Your pal needed a handyman the other day...

*THE OTHER DAY*

At a table in a diner, Joshua was with three other angels talking to a spider angel named Molly. The angel next to Joshua was a bat named Alex, next to him was a golem named Cory, and next to him was a ridiculously tall moose named Sam. Molly brings up a problem she had.

Molly: Truck won't turn over this morning. Took me five or six tries.

The four look at one another, and all stood straight.

Joshua: Well, what're you putting in her? 5w30?

Alex: 10w30?

Cory: 10w40?

Sam: 15w40?

Joshua: Two-stroke? Four-stroke?

Alex: What kind of mileage you get to the gallon?

Cory: What's your time to highway mileage?

Sam: A small crack in the windshield can weaken the structural integrity of the entire vehicle.

Joshua: Sounds like transmission.

Alex: Manual transmission?

Cory: Automatic transmission?

Sam: Semi-automatic transmission?

Joshua: Planetary gear automatic?

Alex: Electronic pressure system.

Cory: Sounds like hydraulics.

Sam: New clutch?

Joshua: Now, you run a heating block in or over night this time of year, right?

Alex: How much rubber you got left on those tires?

Cory: You don't still have your summers on.

Sam: Winter should go on no later than mid-November and most dealerships will store your summers if you go in a wee bit earlier.

Joshua: Molly, what do you idle at?

Alex: Could be computer.

At saying that, all four begin grumbling and muttering at the thought of computers being the problem. Molly sees this and gets them back on track.

Molly: Hope it's not computer.

It works and they get back to discussing.

Joshua: I hope so, too. Where do you fill it out?

Alex: West end?

Cory: South end?

Sam: Vendors?

Joshua: 'Cause if you're going out of town for that, I'm hesitant. Like I'm real hesitant.

Alex: Dealer tells you premium, you go premium. He's got nothing to gain there.

Cory: Premium 91 to 93 octane, you go fucking 92 straight up the middle.

Sam: If you think the dealer has a second for you once the vehicle changes hands, I've got news for you.

Joshua: All right, truck won't turn over, it's not his problem, it's not my problem, that's your problem.