Chapter 17: Oblivion.

As the team returns to the shelter, they find Lucas peacefully asleep in his makeshift crib. Nondz listens intently as they recount their encounter with the AI soldiers, her expression remaining impassive until they finish. Then, with a deadpan expression, she informs them, "You do realize I have access to the suit's cameras, right? I saw everything." The team shares a laugh at their oversight, relieved to see Nondz's typical dry humor intact.

With a wave, Nondz excuses herself to study the data collected by the suits and analyze the samples of surface dirt they brought back. The rest of the team disperses, each with their own tasks in mind.

Dominic surprises Maya and Issac by suggesting they check out the hidden tower.

"Hidden towers," Issac questions as he give Maya a curious look. Dominic smirks and then begins to explain.

"it's the highest point of the shelter, offering a commanding view of the entire caverns,"  Maya and Issac exchange excited glances, eager to explore this hidden gem.

"Don't have to tell us twice" Issac says before he grabs Mayas hands and pulls her to the direction Dominic told him the tower would be in.

"Issac!," Maya groaned, "we need to take these suits out" but he didn't listen and continued to pull her.

They make their way to the tower, following Dominic's directions. As they climb higher and higher, the air grows cooler and fresher, a welcome contrast to the stale, recycled air of the shelter. Finally, they reach the top and step out onto the platform, greeted by a breathtaking view.

The caverns stretch out before them, a vast expanse of rock and darkness illuminated by the soft glow of artificial lights and glowing crystals.

Maya and Issac are awestruck by the sight, taking in the enormity of their underground world from this vantage. Of course it lacked greenery, atmosphere and an overall feeling of fullness however it was what they had always known

As they gaze out over the caverns, Dominic's words echo in their minds. Despite the challenges they face, there is beauty to be found in this world, if only they take the time to look for it. And from their perch atop the hidden tower, Maya and Issac feel a renewed sense of hope and purpose, ready to face whatever the future may hold.

As Maya and Issac sit atop the hidden tower, they find themselves immersed in conversation, the soft glow of the caverns below casting a warm light on their faces.

Maya leans back against the stone wall, her gaze fixed on the distant horizon. "You know," she begins, "I've always had a soft spot for animals. There's something about them that just speaks to me."

Issac nods in agreement, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Yeah, I remember you used to spend hours at the old animal sanctuary, volunteering to take care of the injured wildlife. Thats why you always smelt like chicken shit," he laughed gaining a small glare from Maya.

Maya's cheeks flush with embarrassment at the memory. "Hey! Those chickens needed care and love" she defended herself. "What about you? What's your favorite animal?, you havent told me as yet"

Issac leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he considers the question. "Hmm, that's a tough one. I think I'd have to go with wolves. There's just something so majestic about them, you know? The way they move, the way they hunt as a pack... It's incredible even thought I havent seen one before."

Maya's eyes light up with excitement. "Wolves, huh? I can see that. They're fierce and independent, also prideful and egotistical." She nudges him playfully, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

Issac chuckles, a warm feeling spreading through his chest at her words. "Thanks, shorty." He said with a smirk knowing how much she hated that nickname.

The conversation shifts to lighter topics as they reminisce about their favorite foods and shared experiences over the years. They talk about the time they got lost in the underground tunnels and had to rely on each other to find their way back, laughing at the absurdity of it all.

As the time passes, Maya and Issac find themselves growing closer than ever before, their laughter echoing off the stone walls of the tower. They share stories and secrets, basking in the comfort of each other's company.

The tension between them simmered like a wildfire, threatening to consume them both. Their conversations had delved into the depths of their souls, baring raw emotions and hidden desires. Now, as they gazed into each other's eyes, the air crackled with an electric energy, drawing them irresistibly closer.

Issac's hand trembled as he reached out, his fingers tracing the curve of Maya's jawline with a feather-light touch. Maya's breath hitched in her throat as she leaned into his touch, her eyes smoldering with desire. Without a word, they closed the distance between them, their lips meeting in a fiery kiss that ignited a blaze of passion between them.

Their mouths melded together in a searing embrace, tongues tangling in a fervent dance of desire. Maya's hands roamed eagerly over Issac's chest, feeling the hard contours of his muscles beneath her fingertips. Issac's hands found their way to Maya's waist, pulling her closer until there was no space left between them.

Their kiss grew more fervent with each passing moment, a symphony of sighs and moans escaping their lips as they lost themselves in each other. Maya's heart raced in her chest as she felt the heat of Issac's body pressed against hers, sending waves of pleasure coursing through her veins. She arched into him, a silent plea for more as their passion threatened to consume them both.

With a growl of longing, Issac lifted Maya into his arms, carrying her into the tower behind its doors. Their lips remained locked together as they tumbled onto the wooden flooring, their bodies entwined in a tangle of limbs and desire. Clothes were discarded in a frenzy of need, forgotten in the heat of their passion as they reveled in the sensation of bare skin against bare skin.

Issac took a moment to admire Mayas stunning figure. She was an angelic sight, scars scattered on her body yet they simply looked like intricate embroidery on a piece of art. He had not had sex many times but he was no stranger to seeing a woman naked yet why did he feel like he was a child at a candy store upon looking at Maya. He had never imagined to see her in such a light and here he was.

Maya gasped as Issac's hands roamed over her body, igniting a fire within her that burned hotter with each caress. Every touch, every kiss sent shockwaves of pleasure coursing through her, driving her to the brink of madness. She moaned into his mouth, her fingers tangling in his hair as she surrendered herself completely to the intoxicating whirlwind of sensation.

Issac's touch was like fire against her skin, searing her with a pleasure so intense it bordered on pain. She arched beneath him, her body aching with a need that only he could satisfy. With a primal groan, Issac claimed her lips once more, his movements becoming more urgent as their desire threatened to consume them both.

With a desperate moan, he met Maya. It was simply too much for her as she grabbed his broad frame for support, her finger nails digging deep.

This was a dance known to every creature, a dance so beautiful that it can capture anyone. Lost in each other's bodies, they melted away in to sweet pleasure. Although difficult at first Maya eased into it and then let go. She was transported to a realm she had never been before, one of delight and lust. Maybe it was all sudden but there was no regrets on either side.

In that moment, they were lost to the world, consumed by a passion that knew no bounds. Their bodies moved together in a primal dance of desire, each touch, each kiss pushing them closer to the edge of oblivion. And as they surrendered themselves to the flames of their passion, they knew that nothing could ever extinguish the inferno that burned between them.